when does my NON-IMM multi expire

USA 74 year old, married to Thai/USA wife. I have a current NON-IMM O MULTI valid until 26 Dec 2023.    I wish to return to Savannakhet and I want to go to Laos and purchase another in Dec 2023.  If I exit Thailand on 26 Dec or earlier and exit with current status, is there any issue in doing so?  If this a stupid question ,and it may be, I seemed to remember a similar question being addressed about a year ago. Thanks for any response.

The visa expiry date is the last date on which you can enter/re-enter the country on that visa. It is not the date you can stay in Thailand  until.

Upon each entry you will get a 90 day permission to stay and this can extend beyond the visa expiry date. You could leave the country in late December and get a stay up to late March on return (as long as you re-enter not later than Dec 26).  

You can't get a new visa before the expiry date of the old one. And no reason to since, as above, you can stay here until next March if you time your entries right.

When does your current permisfion of stay expire? (It will be earlier than thd visa expiration dste). 

• Like 2

Thank you Sheryl for your response.  I have been out of Thailand since for health and business  in the USA. If I depart on 26 Dec and apply for a new one will the SAV Thai issue a new one on 27 Dec?

23 minutes ago, MiclB said:

Thank you Sheryl for your response.  I have been out of Thailand since for health and business  in the USA. If I depart on 26 Dec and apply for a new one will the SAV Thai issue a new one on 27 Dec?

Probably. But you could also apply online for evisa  while in the US just put expected travel date as Dec 27 or later.

• Like 1

You do understand you can enter Thailand before 26th of December (enter Christmas) for a new 90 day permitted to stay stamp (unless other reasons for the Savannakhet trip)?  Visa expiration has nothing to do with permitted to stay allowed on entry.  So that would give you until March to make the Savannakhet trip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The visa expiry date is the last date on which you can enter/re-enter the country on that visa. It is not the date you can stay in Thailand  until.

Upon each entry you will get a 90 day permission to stay and this can extend beyond the visa expiry date. You could leave the country in late December and get a stay up to late March on return (as long as you re-enter not later than Dec 26).  

You can't get a new visa before the expiry date of the old one. And no reason to since, as above, you can stay here until next March if you time your entries right.

When does your current permisfion of stay expire? (It will be earlier than thd visa expiration dste). 

Several years ago I applied for a new Non O Multi approximately a month before my existing one expired , I was in the UK at the time,  There was no problem at all  the Uk embassy simply stamped my old visa as cancelled and stamped me a new one in my passport.

The red "Cancelled" stamp did occasionally catch the eye of immigration officers here, who where naturally curious as to why a visa had been cancelled, and by whom.  but there were never any problems once I explained to them why

Is that not possible anymore, have things changed?

10 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Several years ago I applied for a new Non O Multi approximately a month before my existing one expired , I was in the UK at the time,  There was no problem at all  the Uk embassy simply stamped my old visa as cancelled and stamped me a new one in my passport.

The red "Cancelled" stamp did occasionally catch the eye of immigration officers here, who where naturally curious as to why a visa had been cancelled, and by whom.  but there were never any problems once I explained to them why

Is that not possible anymore, have things changed?

It may be possible at same office as issued but, at the questions asked you above indicated, best to avoid.

• Like 1