New Trend In Condo Advertisements

Being watching a load of condo adverts on Thai TV and noticed that they no longer feature the interior shots of the units. They concentrate solely on the swimming pool area, the gym, the public spaces, the reception area, the view, the car parking etc, etc. I suppose as all units look the same there is no point featuring them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Being watching a load of condo adverts on Thai TV and noticed that they no longer feature the interior shots of the units. They concentrate solely on the swimming pool area, the gym, the public spaces, the reception area, the view, the car parking etc, etc. I suppose as all units look the same there is no point featuring them.

Using a wide angle lens inside those tiny boxes to make them look bigger, distorts the picture too much.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Have you noticed the swimming pool areas of these new mega condo with 1000+ units have about 10 pool chairs. You will have to get up early to catch one.

Aren't the occupants too busy paying the rent/mortgage to lie around the pool all day? I've never seen anyone but the maid/security around our condo pool. 

And I'm only down there to use the free internet signal now and then. 

Edited by chalawaan

23 hours ago, Henryford said:

Have you noticed the swimming pool areas of these new mega condo with 1000+ units have about 10 pool chairs. You will have to get up early to catch one.

Our condo has 480 units and 6 chairs near the 25 metre rooftop pool. Usually when I go up around sunset there are 6 empty chairs and noone in the water. There does not seem to be a rush by residents to use the pool at that time. Maybe they are there at other times. It's nice to have the pool all to myself. Makes it feel like my own private penthouse area. ????

My question is would you buy a condo that didn't have a pool? 

Not many people use the pools we have a condo with 2, 25m pools hardly anybody there, yet the project is fairly busy judging by the amount of cars and bikes parked, 

It was the same when i lived in Bangkok many years ago, 

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Reality is, few people ever use the swimming pools. From my high floor apartment I can see several condominium swimming pools. Most of them are empty most of the time.

True for Bangkok condos during work day hours.  I use mine then and usually there's only 1 or 2 other people using the pool--500 unit project.  Sometimes 1 or 2 mothers with toddlers will be at the baby pool for short periods. It gets busier early evenings and on weekends.  Pattaya condo pools, I've found, are much busier--more people not working 9-5, more people on holiday.

On 7/7/2023 at 8:49 AM, Henryford said:

The pool and other amenities are designed to look good in brochures and help the developer sell the units, not to be used. Many of these buildings have beautiful but undersized common areas that would become impossibly crowded if even a small percentage of tenants ever started using them.

It used to be condo projects came with a pool and sometimes also a gym and that was about it.  Unit sizes were generally larger.  Think the View Talays with just a pool amenity and 48 sqm studios.  New projects are loaded with all sorts of amenities, but the unit sizes are generally smaller.  That 48 sqm could be a 2 bedroom in a new project--or a 1 bedroom with a 'bonus' space.  With limited and expensive commercial time to highlight a project, it's natural that the amenities, location, etc. might be featured to draw buyers.

7 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

The pool and other amenities are designed to look good in brochures and help the developer sell the units, not to be used. Many of these buildings have beautiful but undersized common areas that would become impossibly crowded if even a small percentage of tenants ever started using them.

Yes you can just imagine when 500 Chinese AirBnB descent on the place. Madness for anyone that buys a place there.

• Sad 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:49 AM, Henryford said:

The germans always use a towel to reserve their seat or sand pit.

looking lately at condos in Pattaya I noticed that many of them advertise 1 bedroom.

But when looking at pictures I see most of them have everything in one room, living room, kitchen and the bed.

I always was under the impression, that the bedroom was a separate entity with a door.

For Thai women at least, I don't think lounging in the sun poolside is a big attraction.

Need to maintain that white as possible skin tone, as brownish tanned tones are deemed bad here.

Maybe at sundown / sunset...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 7/7/2023 at 9:00 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess buying a new condominium is a lot about status. Like look at our beautiful swimming pool(s).

And then 2 bedrooms on 35sqm. The luxury...

I was looking at a Thai Youtube video of one of those places the other day on a channel catering to prospective farang renters/buyers...

Just watching the video made me feel claustrophobic. It looked like if I laid down on the living floor, I could touch one wall with my fingers and the opposite wall with my toes.

11 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

looking lately at condos in Pattaya I noticed that many of them advertise 1 bedroom.

But when looking at pictures I see most of them have everything in one room, living room, kitchen and the bed.

I always was under the impression, that the bedroom was a separate entity with a door.

everything in one room to me means a Studio, 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was looking at a Thai Youtube video of one of those places the other day on a channel catering to prospective farang renters/buyers...

Just watching the video made me feel claustrophobic. It looked like if I laid down on the living floor, I could touch one wall with my fingers and the opposite wall with my toes.

And you can be pretty sure that whoever made that video tried to make it look big... 

Plus, the pool is often an "infinity" pool. When I read "infinity" I think "undersized and shallow". Few high-rises have pools worth using. Squeezed between wings, getting sun 2 hours a day, no contact with the ground to give it some warmth during the colder months.

44 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

One trend I'm noticing a lot lately is in what amounts to a studio condo, to call it a one-bedroom unit because they've installed a sliding glass door to partition off the front living area from the rear bedroom area.