interesting Youtube channels.

phetphet

Pretty sure there was a thread about interesting Youtube Channels, but I can't find it.

I know that we all have different interests, but sometimes come across channels that are worth watching in themselves.

To start things off, here are a couple that I enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/@RickBeato

What started out as a musical education channel has morphed into a much wider "everything about music" channel. So much so that Rick Beato has started doing interviews with some well known musicians, including Sting, Brian May and Peter Frampton.

I am not a musician, but I find his "What makes this song great"  analysis really interesting. He was once a music teacher, has played in a band, and was also record producer so he knows what he is talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJyJKu3ysdceGqK_JaZFUNA

This second one, Scotland's Mountains is just a Scotsman who enjoys climbing and camping in the Scottish wilds. I just like watching it for the scenery and photography. 

Which ones do you find interesting?

coffeehouse crime - watched a few, then decided it was having a negative impact on my psyche so stopped.

serpentza - too much negativity on china, much of it biased and with hidden political agendas. so stopped watching. prefer to watch normal travel blogs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For the engineers in us. 

Cutting Edge Engineering is awesome, I enjoy all of their content. If you like Curtis and Homeless, you should check out Inheritance Engineering. Equally as interesting, but on a smaller scale. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I watched one last night. Have to say, he has a weird accent.

i guess he has some sort of speech impediment or some speech issues. vids are so good though and so many. i just found the channel.  

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For the engineers in us. 

What's that cutter he is using around 5:20? Is it some sort of thermic lance? Wonder why he wasn't using an oxy-acetylene burner like he does later.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For the engineers in us. 

I don't have them bookmarked but there are a number of videos showing the hand forging of huge iron and steel machinery parts in Chinese foundries using century old methods.  

• Like 1

I've watched every video I can on walking the Cape Wrath Trail in Scotland since it has interested me since I was a teenager. I thought I might try it myself but I guess  it will never happen now. This series is the best of the bunch.

Second best is this Indonesian / American hiker. Super fit but smokes a pack of Marlboroughs a day when hiking.

The Nekkid watchmaker. Unbelievable complicated timepieces renovated with amusing commentary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

What's that cutter he is using around 5:20? Is it some sort of thermic lance? Wonder why he wasn't using an oxy-acetylene burner like he does later.

He explains the why in a couple of his videos. I get the idea, but I don't know enough about it to explain it. 

4 hours ago, Denim said:

I've watched every video I can on walking the Cape Wrath Trail in Scotland since it has interested me since I was a teenager. I thought I might try it myself but I guess  it will never happen now. This series is the best of the bunch.

Second best is this Indonesian / American hiker. Super fit but smokes a pack of Marlboroughs a day when hiking.

The Nekkid watchmaker. Unbelievable complicated timepieces renovated with amusing commentary.

You look google Haze Outdoors on Youtube. He did a series of videos when he did the Cape Wrath Trail.

Edited by phetphet

28 minutes ago, phetphet said:

You look google Haze Outdoors on Youtube. He did a series of videos when he did the Cape Wrath Trail.

I watched all of his. The thing I found is that the younger vloggers like Haze and Girl Outdoors spend too much time looking at the camera and talking so you don't get to see as much of the trail as you want. I liked Tubba and sheep because although there is some looking at the camera there is also a lot more of the magnificent views. The Welsh girl , Fit for Adventure is also funny and entertaining.

47 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

what happened? did a dog bite you in the butt? 

As it happens one did as well as savaging the Mrs costing several hospital visits. The only good dog, apart from guide dogs, is IMO, a dead one.

1 hour ago, proton said:

As it happens one did as well as savaging the Mrs costing several hospital visits. The only good dog, apart from guide dogs, is IMO, a dead one.

There are lots of unpleasant dogs. But I think that is no reason to dislike dogs in general.

cream-golden-retriever-closeup-91607998-

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are lots of unpleasant dogs. But I think that is no reason to dislike dogs in general.

cream-golden-retriever-closeup-91607998-

Crafty, slobbering, farting, stinking, flea ridden mutts, responsible for more deaths a year than serial killers. Cost the NHS about 70 million a year to treat people from the 'affections' of mans best friend, not mine.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...