Where to buy a decent handtool set

jvs

Looking to buy a handtool set with quality tools,not looking for the most expensive

but something decent.

I have pretty well all the tools i need but this is for a gift.

I looked on Lazada and saw some but hard to guess the quality.

Wrenches should not be too thin and overall should be decent tools.

I am looking for a set because they will travel a lot and a strong case is also important.

Plenty of decent stuff at HomePro. 

Without an idea of what you want and what you expect to spend impossible to make any recommendation. 

I bought eight kits almost exactly like the one below (same brand) and they've been great, still have two, staff got the other six. Perfect size for car.

134299971_Crecent.jpg.933cfeafd0011a119f213beb1cedbaa3.jpg

Total price delivered to Thailand:

1516187249_Shipped.jpg.691aa903415fa37850f6ae7a4fab6f10.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Plenty of decent stuff at HomePro. 

Without an idea of what you want and what you expect to spend impossible to make any recommendation. 

I bought eight kits almost exactly like the one below (same brand) and they've been great, still have two, staff got the other six. Perfect size for car.

134299971_Crecent.jpg.933cfeafd0011a119f213beb1cedbaa3.jpg

Total price delivered to Thailand:

1516187249_Shipped.jpg.691aa903415fa37850f6ae7a4fab6f10.jpg

Despite the 70.29 import fees you'll be hard pressed to find quality set like that in Thailand for less.

However if it's just a gift, you'll easily find something similar "looking"  at Global House for much less.  But don't expect it to be of any quality and it's lifespan short.  

It's the thought that counts. 

Edited by MrJ2U

Any imported tool you buy legally in Thailand you will have to pay duty on. You will either import it yourself and pay the duty or buy it from someone else that imported it and paid the duty. 

I worked at a US owned manufacturing facility in Prachinburi for over twenty years and we imported quite a lot of tools from the US. Virtually all the cutting tools, production-grade hand tools, welding supplies and consumables. Buying the same quality in Thailand was difficult and would often cost considerably more than in the US. 

Even when we bought cheap stuff, we could buy it cheaper in the US and ship it over. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, jvs said:

I found a brand that has good sets,Total tool.

No shop near so have to order online,anyone has these tools?

I bought a jet wash from them. It must have lasted about two washes.

I would never buy anything from them unless for single use.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jvs said:

I found a brand that has good sets,Total tool.

No shop near so have to order online,anyone has these tools?

I have bought some Total tool sets.  Some of the things are ok and some are like toys.  The hammer in the set was so light you would have a hard time driving anything in.

• Like 1

Sata makes good quality tools.  You can find some sets on lazada.  

Here is one example:

Sata tool set

The tool site linked above also has Sata tools.  But it looks like you can get them cheaper on lazada.

Edited by rwill
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rwill said:

I have bought some Total tool sets.  Some of the things are ok and some are like toys.  The hammer in the set was so light you would have a hard time driving anything in.

That is a rather interesting complaint as of the 3 ball-peen hammers I have it is the lightest that has had the most use over the years (as you can see) so I would consider it a good thing.

IMG_5839.thumb.jpeg.1b238b9bceceb0f9dbe14c4a3b189fcf.jpeg
as you may note I have a seriously heavy one if I need it

Edited by sometimewoodworker

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is a rather interesting complaint as of the 3 ball-peen hammers I have it is the lightest that has had the most use over the years (as you can see) so I would consider it a good thing.

I have 4 different Total tools sets.  The hammer in this one feels like it weighs a couple of ounces. 

Screenshot (49).png

MR.  DIY store has such a good range of useful stuff.  Some flimsy,  some look good.  Was just there to buy a tyre repair kit and a pair of pliers. Best prices and they have. 7 day money back guarantee i think.  So you can stress test each tool and if it snaps take it back. 

Screenshot_2023-07-11-09-45-41-44.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

IMG_5839.thumb.jpeg.1b238b9bceceb0f9dbe14c4a3b189fcf.jpeg
as you may note I have a seriously heavy one if I need it

So YOU are the one who borrowed my hammers............!

14 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

But not to that content!

Spellchecker and autocorrection on? But ok, you win. Now, where did my fathers' spokeshave go............