Quality pocket knife where to buy?

Mahseer

Yes I am looking for a quality knife. I managed to loose my previous one which I had for 12 years in India couple of months back and more than willing to pay the cost of a suitable replacement.

I will check Star Dome on Thursday, thanks folks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

That 'good parking' disappeared last night under a collapsed bridge! 555

Yeah, construction disaster, hilarious. 

Plenty of parking and no extra traffic if coming from Bangkok. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Ganoga said:

Try Bangkok Tactical in Gaysom shopping mall andThe Tank Storea, cross the road in Centralworld.

Appreciate the input but for now I'll limit the search to Chiang Mai. 

There is/was a shop on the outside of the moat towards the north east corner that had a stellar selection of imported knives does anyone know it? I walked there yesterday dropping in any likely looking places but no joy but may have missed it.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I still have the pocket knife I was given 50 years ago. It's an Old Timer brand, made in USA I believe, and it's a great little knife.

I still have a nice Western my mother gave me forty years ago. 

• Confused 2

If you can't find a store in CM, buy online. Most good brands (Buck, Benchmade, CRT, etc) are available from Lazada, Shopee, and the like.

Expect to pay 1,500THB+ for a decent robust lock-knife. The price is depending mainly on the blade alloy material, and not just build quality. A good knife should last a lifetime.

13 minutes ago, huangnon said:

If you can't find a store in CM, buy online. Most good brands (Buck, Benchmade, CRT, etc) are available from Lazada, Shopee, and the like.

Expect to pay 1,500THB+ for a decent robust lock-knife. The price is depending mainly on the blade alloy material, and not just build quality. A good knife should last a lifetime.

I just looked, Buck knives that sell for $50-100 in the US are only $4 on Lazada, great prices! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

I just looked, Buck knives that sell for $50-100 in the US are only $4 on Lazada, great prices! 

Copies or fakes. The real Buck knives (made outside US under license) start at around 1,500THB (40 USD).