My Tree Needs Taken Down

naammanow

I know this might sound as a repeat and indeed it is. I got this big tree at my house and it is interfering, yes with the house .. So, unfortunately it will have to go.

Does anybody know somebody who can cut down a tree? Diameter is about 30 to 40 cms. Not that tall, think about 6 meters high. Anyway, think will need a chainsaw or something more professional than just a saw that I have ... If anybody knows anybody who can tackle it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I have no leads, but my landlady paid roughly 2000 baht last month to have one half of a gigantic tree pruned so that nothing now hangs over the house or the driveway. It took a crew with chainsaws, pickup truck, etc., and the gardener is still chopping up the smaller limbs well into July. Not a simple job. But 35 centimeters is 14 inches wide....might depend on how far the limbs reach.

I have no leads, but my landlady paid roughly 2000 baht last month to have one half of a gigantic tree pruned so that nothing now hangs over the house or the driveway. It took a crew with chainsaws, pickup truck, etc., and the gardener is still chopping up the smaller limbs well into July. Not a simple job. But 35 centimeters is 14 inches wide....might depend on how far the limbs reach.

Thanks PeaceBlondie, sounds Ok to me. Can you provide me with a number and name so I can proceed? Anybody who like you said has the right tools and a pick-up will be Ok for the job.

Last week I sold a tree to Khun Chaang for 3000 baht. His crew came out with a crain truck, dug it out and refilled the hole and were finished in 4 hours. Don't know it they would take the branches they have to trim, I wanted them so did not ask. He has done a lot of tree business in CM for 15 about years. PM me if you are interested and I will find his phone number.

Also make sure it is not a teak tree which is illegal to cut down without written permission from the government.

I have a dead teak tree (invaded by a kind of moth apparently which bores into the trunk), hope I don't get arrested cutting it down :o

Would like to replace it with a golden teak tree - decent size. Anyone know where you can get them?

Would like to replace it with a golden teak tree - decent size. Anyone know where you can get them?

How big is "decent size" ?

Good question. I guess at least 2 metres, so it doesn't get cut with the grass and weeds.

How big is "decent size" ?

Good question. I guess at least 2 metres, so it doesn't get cut with the grass and weeds.

2-3 meters would be a pot/bag plant. Ask around the plant market behind Tesco on the north side of CM. You might consider Mahogony which does not drop it's leaves annually so looks good all year. Similar tree shape but faster growing. There are government places outside of town that sell seedlings of both for about 10 baht but you would have to put the seedling in a pot or large black bag for 18-24 months to get your 2 meter tree.