Approval of design for home construction - Huay Yai. Does anyone know the cost?

You can buy or download many plans that will be approved for building.

The actual permit for my house was 35 baht but that was just over ten years ago.

Maybe double now!!!

Also if you make your own basic plan the architect in the local

amphur will help you to adjust anything that is needed,for a small fee.

I made my own plans but i had a licensed architect make the official drawing including all the materials needed,they can also price it so you know what the building will cost you.

The reason i did this is that if you ever want to sell your house you can show them the whole plan and the material that went into it.

I think that was worth the 20 000 baht i paid him.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I have talked to various architects and get a wide range of the cost to have a set of building plans approved and get a permit to build.  This would be in Huay Yai.  Does anyone have experience with the process and cost. 

So you have the plans already?

Then probably not much, just do it yourself if you think they charge too much. Or just call and ask how much the government fees are. You have to ask the "กองช่าง" in your local amphoe.

My building project hasn't reached this step yet, so I can't give you a number yet.

It is the Amphur that give the permission and as I understand it. if the plans don't already have approval, then they draw the plans. My single story cost 5k for approval, drew the plan myself. 

I think even an architects drawing would still be re-done by the Amphur. It also seemed the depth of the sows Concrete posts was their main concern when i looked at their plans.

1206335941_myhouse2.thumb.jpg.4b83c6fe4f89d8cc7e4a2b5d3e1afd54.jpg564736333_myhouse3.thumb.jpg.0d8320a63891c86b47d54e2d666a9966.jpgmyhouse7.thumb.jpg.171bc307659fc72960c1a8a6b85a1f9d.jpg

10 hours ago, jvs said:

I made my own plans but i had a licensed architect make the official drawing including all the materials needed,they can also price it so you know what the building will cost you.

Was this recently? Who did you use?  I have been quoted figures all over the board up to as much as 70,000 baht for an architect drawings. 

We used one of the pre-approved drawing sets from the local ampur office, they have books of them.

Find something similar to what you want and adjust the drawings by hand. So long as you don't change the structure then no further $$$ needed ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Longwood50do you already have drawings, sketches, photos of what you want?

Trot them down to the local ampur planning office, they usually have an "architect" who will draw up approvable plans for a nominal fee. It's worth asking as they will invariably be cheaper than an independent architect.

EDIT are you looking at something that doesn't fit with the regular Thai pole-and-beam construction? If so then all bets are off as to what it's going to cost ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I made a model for our current build and the district engineer charged us about 10k to convert it to Auto-CAD construction drawings. It is going pretty well.

What did you use for your model??

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

@Longwood50do you already have drawings, sketches, photos of what you want?

Trot them down to the local ampur planning office, they usually have an "architect" who will draw up approvable plans for a nominal fee. It's worth asking as they will invariably be cheaper than an independent architect.

EDIT are you looking at something that doesn't fit with the regular Thai pole-and-beam construction? If so then all bets are off as to what it's going to cost ???? 

It is the Tessabaan (Municipal Office) that does the approval up here. As you said there is someone there that will do the plans and get them approved. We paid 10000 baht 4 years ago. That included engineering plans and specs.

But I hope the OP knows how to read building plans because the draftsman up here made a lot of stupid mistakes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

LEGO!   555

There are members who made cardboard models, so Lego isn't really that far fetched ???? 

Just for info, this free government plan: - 

614943174_xmas01.jpg.e67c8f6fe6c954ca892ba6c61fb82d24.jpgno27.jpg.72ed9fe55b9079959f4c5166b2588788.jpg

Became this, very not-free, edifice for Madam.

image.jpeg.2e7f8170ec2571ab9ae4245ac71808d5.jpeg

Structural elements mostly unchanged so no re-approval required ????  

• Love It 1