Links not working.

AhFarangJa

I'm on Windows 10 and Chrome.  No problems.

Does the function  work on other sites satisfactorily, or only a problem on Asean Now?

Anyway, here's a link to "6 Bests Fixes for Google Chrome Not Opening New Tabs on Windows 11"

https://www.guidingtech.com/fixes-for-google-chrome-not-opening-new-tabs-on-windows-11/#:~:text=Restart Google Chrome,might be causing the issue.

It appears a restart of your computer and/or Chrome, plus clearing your cache should fix the problem.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gsxrnz said:

I edited my first reply.  Try the steps recommended.  I suspect it is your cache/stored data that has been corrupted.

Not using either Windows 11 or Google Chrome.

Using Edge and Windows 10, it's not a disaster just an annoyance, open first item in new tab, then use as normal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not using either Windows 11 or Google Chrome.

Using Edge and Windows 10, it's not a disaster just an annoyance, open first item in new tab, then use as normal.

Apologies - The recommendations were for the OP who is on 11 and Chrome.

Regardless, the same issues will probably apply to 10 and Edge.

• Like 1

Many thanks Everyone, seems I am not alone, which, although not good for everyone, makes me feel a little better..

I have cleared the cache, and it works for a few times, then resorts back. I like the open in new tab option as a quick fix, again, thanks to all.

Another problem I am having with Windows 11 is that on my home screen whenever I close a window, I have to wait up to 30 seconds before hovering the mouse over a shortcut will work. Apparently it is a Windows problem they are not ready to admit yet !!!

1 hour ago, Pungdo said:

I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox, with the uBlock Origin add-on, and it recently started blocking posts because it contains a tracker

Screen Shot 07-14-23 at 01.14 PM.JPG

Infected with trackers?  Misses just bought some worm tablets, any good for trackers?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I've been having these issues for a while now using Apple mac mini and apple magic mouse, both newish. I use FF as a browser. It only affects title links and the star icon to the left of the title. I often need to right click and open in a new tab. It seems that refreshing the page or closing and reopening the tab might work sometimes. After opening the page in anew tab the problem often goes away. It manifests itself nearly every time I open the site fresh. It has to be an errant javascript link I believe.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 10:11 AM, Gsxrnz said:

I edited my first reply.  Try the steps recommended.  I suspect it is your cache/stored data that has been corrupted.

I suspect your wrong.

Been getting fairly it regularly last couple of weeks I just close and open again, only ever been a first instance.

I have also had it trying to open a notification while in messages, topic will not open.

• Thumbs Up 1

Problem for me for last week's. S21 ultra.   Newsletter links work but links below threads don't.  Good thing is it reduces my wasted time reading about  hopeless Thailand 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2023 at 9:29 AM, AhFarangJa said:

For a week or so now whenever I click on either a topic on the right hand side, or one of my notifications, nothing happens, it will not go to the relevant page.

Bit annoying. What I have noticed last few times is that when it happens there is a box among the topics on RH side with letters "ad" inside.

Assumed it was advertising but if you click on it nothing happens, but could be links to ads that freeze the panel.

I saw someone discussing this when it first happened  3 or 4 weeks ago. The reason was because I have ad-blocker switched on.

When it happens I simply open up AN a second time and everything works as normal. Till next time ...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I saw someone discussing this when it first happened  3 or 4 weeks ago. The reason was because I have ad-blocker switched on.

When it happens I simply open up AN a second time and everything works as normal. Till next time ...

We have found a common denominator, I too use Adblocker......Many thanks for the info.

16 hours ago, sandyf said:

Bit annoying. What I have noticed last few times is that when it happens there is a box among the topics on RH side with letters "ad" inside.

Assumed it was advertising but if you click on it nothing happens, but could be links to ads that freeze the panel.

Yes, same here, and I think we have come down to the problem. Further to another members post I use adblocker, which appears to be why I only get an empty box with AD in it. I think I will keep using adblocker, and suffer the inconvenience of opening in another tab rather than get bombarded with useless ads covering the posts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Yes, same here, and I think we have come down to the problem. Further to another members post I use adblocker, which appears to be why I only get an empty box with AD in it. I think I will keep using adblocker, and suffer the inconvenience of opening in another tab rather than get bombarded with useless ads covering the posts.

Good point, I also use an adblocker.

• Thumbs Up 1