Is this the correct place to get evisa?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 4:41 AM, howlee101 said:

This is the link I used for the wife and I.  Of course she has a Thai passport so she didn't need a visa.

https://immigration.gov.vn/

Careful because many links will say "evisa" but they will charge you to do what you can easily do on your own.

Hi, I tried doing this today but the instructions contradict each other. It says you must enter your name as in the ICAO line in your passport. In the passport it is surname first followed by first name. However in the application itself it says first name then last name. So I tried it the first way with the ICAO line. I went to payment and my payment was rejected. Do you recall how you entered your name on the actual application? It just contradicts itself? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

Hi, I tried doing this today but the instructions contradict each other. It says you must enter your name as in the ICAO line in your passport. In the passport it is surname first followed by first name. However in the application itself it says first name then last name. So I tried it the first way with the ICAO line. I went to payment and my payment was rejected. Do you recall how you entered your name on the actual application? It just contradicts itself? Thanks.

I recall entering First, middle, last name on the application. What payment method did you use?  I used Payoo and was approved the same day.  Not sure if it was the issue but if you entered Last name then first name, I'm guessing your application didn't match your name of your credit card?  Maybe try paying again or use another method to pay.  Good luck

Edited by howlee101
added info
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

Another thing, you didn't specify what country your passport is from but check the website to determine what is required for your country.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, howlee101 said:

I recall entering First, middle, last name on the application. What payment method did you use?  I used Payoo and was approved the same day.  Not sure if it was the issue but if you entered Last name then first name, I'm guessing your application didn't match your name of your credit card?  Maybe try paying again or use another method to pay.  Good luck

Thank you for being so helpful. I followed your instructions about how to enter the name. I had 3 separate goes at it but finally I found a credit card that worked. I used Mastercard before, this time a visa credit card. Current status is "processing". I'll let you know the outcome. Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 3:27 AM, howlee101 said:

Just a quick follow up. I got my evisa today. People, enter first name and then middle and last name. It took 3 business days to arrive. Thank you for your help @howlee101 much appreciated. 

• Thumbs Up 1