Wise - Transfer Wise & US cards

On 7/21/2023 at 12:24 AM, Davejf2017 said:

I transfer mine from my UK bank account to my Bangkok bank account it goes through in seconds. 

Me too. Dont they have online banking in the US to enable instant online transfers (We call them 'faster payments' in the UK)from a US bank account to Wise?

On 7/19/2023 at 2:22 PM, pgrahmm said:

As I have for years, I went to move money today via debit card through Wise....Which I do on a monthly basis....

As I went through the process my card transaction wouldn't go through - followed with this message.....

Am I at the tip of an iceberg or spear here? Up until last month everything sailed through - until now....

Am I the first or is there guidance or information or another topic/thread to overcome an obviously huge problem....

This is going to cause big problems for many, many expats....

Is there any feedback or advice out there.....

IMG_20230719_201321.jpg

Dont you have online banking in the US to enable instant online transfers (We call them 'faster payments' in the UK) from your US bank account to Wise? It is cheaper too, than paying by card.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 1:15 PM, pgrahmm said:

I'm working on that now....My bank won't open up it's app if a third party is detected, (Wise's shortcut method).....

I'll update on how it's progressing....

Dont use the Wise shortcut. Choose 'pay manually' and 'pay later'. Then go to your bank account and transfer the payment to Wise. Or pay it to Wise manually before you make the transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Me too. Dont they have online banking in the US to enable instant online transfers (We call them 'faster payments' in the UK)from a US bank account to Wise?

My bank wants a secure-a-key or a US phone number as a final check before sending.....By amount It also would take 2 transactions at $45 per....

I bought a secure-a-key but none of our phones or laptop could get it to sync with the bank app....

Edited by pgrahmm