Highway collapse: Residents demand quick compensation after elevated road project mishap

webfact

image.jpeg

Prompted by the destructive downfall of a chunk of an elevated highway project on Luang Phaeng road situated in Bangkok’s Lat Krabang district on July 10, residents are fervently appealing to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) for a swift distribution of compensation and other financial aid post the unfortunate highway collapse.

A portion of the On Nut-Lat Krabang elevated road project that stretches for 600 metres, from Lotus’s Lat Krabang to Jorakay Noi Police Station, unfortunately, gave way on July 10. Tragically, two lives were lost as a result and a further 12 individuals sustained wounds in the highway collapse.

Affected resident Apisit Laosinat relayed to Bangkok Post that a crane from the construction site fell upon his three-storey shophouse, which he shares with his 10 relatives. Though the building was severely damaged, the family managed to escape unscathed as there were no occupants on the top floor during the highway collapse incident.

As Apisit recounted the event…

“My father and I were repairing motorbikes when the crane hit our roof. My brother said that the crane was blocked by a pole in front of the shophouse, but there were bits from the crane which came through the walls.”

by Mitch Connor 

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod English/Facebook

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/bangkok-residents-demand-quick-compensation-after-elevated-road-project-collapse

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.