Tesla in Thailand: The future of green mobility and autonomous vehicles

webfact

image.jpeg

Following its debut in Thailand at the end of last year, US-based automobile giant Tesla continues to expand its influence in the Thai market. With a test centre open in Ramkhamhaeng, customers can try driving various Tesla models as they wish, buy Tesla products, and pick up their ordered Tesla cars.

Tesla plans to increase the number of supercharging stations throughout Thailand, building on the existing charging stations around Bangkok (centralwOrld, Central Rama 3, and ICONSIAM).

The introduction of Tesla is exciting for the Land of Smiles, as it can potentially help tackle gas emission issues in the transport sector and introduce self-driving capabilities.

image.jpeg

Bangkok Traffic Jam. Photo by BartPhotography (Flickr)

A road to a greener future

In Southeast Asia, Thailand is one of the countries heavily affected by the effects of climate change, with long-term impacts including increasing frequency of flooding, droughts, storms, and soaring temperatures. Thailand’s greenhouse gas emissions have been an ongoing issue and driver of climate change, with transport being the second highest contributor to Thailand’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Out of the GHG emissions in 2016, transport accounted for 27.21% of total emissions.

by Jamey Lao

Tesla Model Y. PHOTO: Tesla Official Website

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/guides/automotive/tesla-in-thailand-the-future-of-green-mobility-and-autonomous-vehicles

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

An autonomous capable car in Thailand where you will never use those features.?

Why not?

I would feel safer with autonomous tech than Somchai behind the wheel.

Be good for getting drunk and getting home also. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Goat said:

Why not?

I would feel safer with autonomous tech than Somchai behind the wheel.

Be good for getting drunk and getting home also. 

Autonomous cars rely on a proper road layout and features..

It may work on an express way... how about those other thousands of miles of roads with no lane marking, no traffic lights no junction markings etc?

I own a Tesla. It's nice but I don't like the fact that it takes way too long to juice it up.

With a gasoline car it only takes a few minutes to fill up.  With a Tesla, you'll need at least 15 minutes and that won't fill it up.

Tesla's do not do well in hot weather as well.

The next car I'm  going to get will be a hybrid.....