Big C Ratchada - Quit Lease? Renovation?

Seamaster

I've moved a few stops northward and recently returned to Big C. 70% of shops and all banks closed...even Swensen and Chester's. Any idea what's going on? Mall in desperate need of insect exterminator and good scrubbing. It appears to me many like other malls in central BKK are tossing in the towel. Dark days.

Any idea what's being built next door? That land finally started to be built on after at least 10 years. The easy guess are condos but I'm thinking that it might be a new mall. Then tear down Big C for additional condos, mall.

Thanks

Edited by Seamaster

On 7/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, Seamaster said:

I've moved a few stops northward and recently returned to Big C. 70% of shops and all banks closed...even Swensen and Chester's. Any idea what's going on? Mall in desperate need of insect exterminator and good scrubbing. It appears to me many like other malls in central BKK are tossing in the towel. Dark days.

Any idea what's being built next door? That land finally started to be built on after at least 10 years. The easy guess are condos but I'm thinking that it might be a new mall. Then tear down Big C for additional condos, mall.

Thanks

We went there yesterday (also after having moved a bit further out of town). It was busy as usual but the toilets for the entire complex were out of service. Weird. 

28 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

A lot of Big-C outlets are closing the last few months.
In Korat, several of them are also closing down or running on their last legs.

Wait and see ...

This isn't korat lol

As soon as you cross the rivers it's land of milk and hunnies