The red plastic twine on the sausages

Everyman

I notice a lot of sausages are bound with red plastic twine at the ends that melts when grilled. Is this some kind of special twine that is designed for this and healthy? Or is it just leaving melted plastic behind?

Some sausages appear to be bound with cotton string and that would seem to be better.  

25 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Snip the plastic or the twine before cooking :whistling:

Properly "linked" sausages do seem to be a rarity.

I see a lot of street cooks just throw it on the grill twine and all (which then melts).

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Ingesting plastics of any kind is not a good idea, because of the additives in them. Some may even alter gender, have you gone from baritone to soprano recently?

Or worse, entered any beauty contests?

Seriously, I'd be eating elsewhere, cooking the cotton-tied ones should be no problem, but plastic ...

1 hour ago, Everyman said:

I notice a lot of sausages are bound with red plastic twine at the ends that melts when grilled. Is this some kind of special twine that is designed for this and healthy? Or is it just leaving melted plastic behind?

Some sausages appear to be bound with cotton string and that would seem to be better.  

I have seen them make Thai sausages, the twine is just ordinary plastic string, farmers use it for tying up stooks of sesame seed for drying ,and other agriculture jobs, it is just split down into thin threads to tie the sausages up with.

Just asked the wife she said the same.