Dog from Thailand to USA

Hello,

Has anyone taken a pet to the US since Thailand was labeled a high risk country? Doing so is no longer easy and is rather confusing.

I have jumped through the hoops of requirements to apply for an import permit (which is required for Thailand if you don't want your dog to spend 30 days in quarantine in the US). 

Now I am trying to make travel arrangements and apply for the import permit. 

Unfortunately, I can't find any information about what exactly happens at the US airport when I get there and how long it takes. 

I am moving with family and dog to Pittsburgh, PA. There are a number of airports any pet from Thailand must check in at with the CDC and Pittsburgh isn't one of them.

The fights stop at another airport such as JFK or Philadelphia. I called the CDC and they had no idea whether I will only need to deal with the CDC at Philadelphia since it is closer to Pittsburgh or go through the CDC evaluation at the airport I first touch ground in the USA at such at JFK. The CDC operator thought it might have to do with how the dog is tranported: cabin, hold or as cargo. 

I also need to find out how long I need to give it at the airport for connecting flights. 

Any thoughts?

The phone support woman suggested I email the CDC which I will but that sounds like a month wait at least for a response 

I shipped our cat, several years ago it must be said, to the US, and to be honest I gave up trying to fathom it myself and just coughed up the cash to a shipping agent.

The paperwork alone was horrendous, and it mostly appeared to be for the Thai authorities shipping it out.

Entry to the US was pretty easy.

Ass backwards I know, but it is Thailand!

• Thanks 1