Outdoor pull-up/chin-up bar?

nupersoodles

Does anyone know if a public outdoor pull-up/chin-up bar exists anywhere near central Hua Hin, or failing that somewhere I can purchase one of those extending doorway bars?

Obviously there are plenty of gyms around but I only need the bar 3 times a week, and as I only run and do calisthenics I don't need a gym for anything else - seems a little bit silly to fork out the gym fee just for some pull-ups.

Edited by nupersoodles
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Haven't seen a public one in Hua Hin. I am wary of doorway ones, especially with the random quality of Thai building. A pull-up tower is the best option IMO:

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i127133775-s133866810.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.6fde6108NYAPMs&urlFlag=true

I've used a doorway one in the past without issue, about 3 months of usage. Admittedly I was rather skeptical at first but it soon became apparent just how unlikely it is to fail, and even if it does you have to bend your feet back just to get off the ground so not too risky. I wont be in town for too long so a tower is rather overkill for my needs. Cheers anyway.

36 minutes ago, anyone said:

Yes, it is very hard to find on the streets. Apparently, in Thailand this sport is not popular. I also bought mine at Lazada.

I've only ever seen them along Jomtien Beach and in Queen Sirikit Park in Pattaya. It amazes me the amount of outdoor public gyms I've seen that have much more, relatively, complex pieces of equipment but have neglected to include pull-up bars. As you say, I guess it's down to a lack of interest amongst Thais - a lot who might use them likely already using Muay Thai gyms.

I'll probably just pick one up at Decathlon in Bangers.

Edited by nupersoodles
  • Thumbs Up 1