Trip on motor bike

Not exactly cycling but similar

I want to do a 700km trip on my scooter, looking to stop mid point and stay in a hotel.

Cannot see how to do this on Google maps, like search for hotel after 300km on route.

Can it be done or any other app that will have this feature, cheers 

• Confused 1

As a boomer who had to use maps before Google I am a bit surprised. My wife and I are planning a road trip in our car. I simply look at about where we want to stop and then I have a name, with this name I can google up a place to stay. Put up your route please. 

• Like 1

Easily to do on Gmap, whether laptop (easier) or the phone app.

Put in your to & from, then on app hit search, choose or type 'hotels',  pretty much the same on laptop.

There are so many, you'll need to zoom in to certain area to see them.  May need to use 'search this area' while doing, for more selection.

Gmap is my primary research tool for trips.

ex: Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi

image.png.b157d6c1403d566649f235280f3737e5.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Easily to do on Gmap, whether laptop (easier) or the phone app.

Put in your to & from, then on app hit search, choose or type 'hotels',  pretty much the same on laptop.

There are so many, you'll need to zoom in to certain area to see them.  May need to use 'search this area' while doing, for more selection.

Gmap is my primary research tool for trips.

ex: Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi

image.png.b157d6c1403d566649f235280f3737e5.png

Cheers found it now but fiddly don't really use Google maps, but as. DB admin I would of thought be very easy to put in a search filter query asking list hotels after 300 km

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Cheers found it now but fiddly don't really use Google maps, but as. DB admin I would of thought be very easy to put in a search filter query asking list hotels after 300 km

Another way to search hotels along a route, though not nearly as many, would be using Booking.com,  put in a date far ahead of your travel date for an area, then when results come, click on 'show on map'.  As you go along the route, more hotels will appear.

image.png.00691383507a420e3c6a2159995ddd8a.png

as you adjust the map/follow the route, more will appear, even outside the area you choose.

image.png.c2e2bd19d9fa10459b137334410c685a.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

On Google Map also can filter, very handy to set min / max price (no hostel or 5 star hotels for me..., or select to have swimming pool...., my favourite...! ????

Early this year we did a 5000km round trip, and Google Map was a life saver for route finding, hotels, restaurants, tourists attractions, etc. - even bike wash ! 

Most importantly for my friend on small gas tank was finding nearest PTT station, remember they also all have Amazon cafe, and 7/11...

Learn to use it, and also subscribe to internet data pack, that off-line feature is not as good when searching for the above, maybe just good for route finding...

I wouldn't rely on those filters too much.  Always call to verify, or have a Plan B-C-D available.

We travel with dog, and so many 'pets allowed/not allowed listing are the opposite.

Booking site state low price guarantee, and have rarely had one in the past 17+ yrs that was cheaper than the wife calling.  This being low-mid priced accommodations <2000 baht, usually 700-1500 baht.

Many listed on Agoda & Booking.com w/price guarantees.

Best thing about Gmap is access to ph#, or link to a FB page for ph#.  Verify info via photos of visitors, and streetview.

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I wouldn't rely on those filters too much.  Always call to verify, or have a Plan B-C-D available.

We travel with dog, and so many 'pets allowed/not allowed listing are the opposite.

Booking site state low price guarantee, and have rarely had one in the past 17+ yrs that was cheaper than the wife calling.  This being low-mid priced accommodations <2000 baht, usually 700-1500 baht.

Many listed on Agoda & Booking.com w/price guarantees.

Best thing about Gmap is access to ph#, or link to a FB page for ph#.  Verify info via photos of visitors, and streetview.

It's Thailand, so nothing is for sure...!

But I don't have any experience with pets, however, existence or non existence of swimming pool has been 100% accurate on Google Map filter for me, the prices also shown exact quotes by Agoda and Booking.com etc. as Google just scan those sites and show them once the hotel name is clicked on and dates selected...

Saying that I have also called to make sure availability and prices sometimes, but generally it's been accurate and very useful on last 3.5 weeks touring we did in Feb 2023...

• Like 1