Need help regarding medical certificate for Thailand work permit. Is it still possible to get the permit if we have syphilis although it's already been treated? Anything that can be done?

Baldman77

Hi, plan to work in Chiang Mai but due to reactive syphilis test kinda scared they will decline my work permit application. Is it possible to get the work permit there with positive syphilis result? Mine is not 3rd degree yet and already finished with the treatment, although the test will come out as positive for some time.

Any insights or connections to medical staff that can help with this situation would be greatly appreciated. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, PeachCH said:

This needed standard health certificate you can get without even meet the doctor, many clinics will just issue for you. 

Exactly. Just find a dodgy clinic that will issue the certificate without any tests. Theoretically you could pass by getting a certificate to say you had syph but not stage 3. But why put yourself to that trouble and expense to play by the rules when no one else does in such a corrupt country?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm quite sure it is Syphillis in "Stage 3" according to prior application paperwork.

BTW, I had a false positive once in the WP Syphillis test because of Hashimotos disease (Hypothyroidism), second test came back negative.

Edited by Satcommlee

10 hours ago, PeachCH said:

This needed standard health certificate you can get without even meet the doctor, many clinics will just issue for you. 

Not for a work permit.  Used to be pretty casual and could use the 40-100 Baht, he has a pulse certificate.  But a few years ago they become stringent about seeing the blood test has actually been done.  Certificate for driver's license though, has a pulse is all needed. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not for a work permit.  Used to be pretty casual and could use the 40-100 Baht, he has a pulse certificate.  But a few years ago they become stringent about seeing the blood test has actually been done.  Certificate for driver's license though, has a pulse is all needed. lol

Thanks for the right info.

On 7/30/2023 at 2:27 PM, Baldman77 said:

Hi, plan to work in Chiang Mai but due to reactive syphilis test kinda scared they will decline my work permit application. Is it possible to get the work permit there with positive syphilis result? Mine is not 3rd degree yet and already finished with the treatment, although the test will come out as positive for some time.

Any insights or connections to medical staff that can help with this situation would be greatly appreciated. 

Talk to the doctor who issue the work permit medical report. There are times that they understand your medical situation and approved the medical report. Blood test on lingering syphilis detection can still show on subsequent tests as positive. The medical doctor can determine whether it is now a false positive. Friend of mine had similar problem and able to talk to the doctor for approval.