QATAR QR28 Manchester- Doha , Long shot query

Hi,

This is a long shot and maybe nobody can help but worth a try.

I am travelling back from UK late September MAN-DOH-BKK on QR28.

However, Qatar has leased aircraft from Oman and Cathay Pacific and the seat configuration is not the same when I checked online, and this is the carrier I am booked on.

I am on a 777-300ER and in the front section it has what are called ' comfort seats ' On researching this I am informed that these were formerly used as premium economy seats on the respective airlines, or at least in Cathay Pacific!

I was wondering if any board members had flown in this category recently as I was looking for a heads up on this particular seating arrangement.

I have a Qatar Gold membership so I can fortunately choose my seats free of charge, (so I can get aisle seat exit row if I wish), but I preferred this as it is a smaller cabin and the seat I was choosing was a standalone ( sit alone)

I am referring here to a seating arrangement, so please do not confuse it "comfort class" which is a standard of class of ticket purchase and is something entirely different and has nothing do do with seat configuration.

Edited by Scouse123

Did it last year from London Q class their business class. Worst food I ever had since first flight in 1965, disgusting. Strangely it's better in their economy. Loading at DOH, everyone on the landing bridge for 35 minutes while they got the plane ready, kids crying etc. No toilets in the departure lounge area so if you want to go out and back again it's a bit of a long process and they don't like it. Not going with them again mainly as they cancelled a paid for seat reservation of 63 quid, and after agreeing a refund in the end refused to pay up. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, proton said:

Did it last year from London Q class their business class. Worst food I ever had since first flight in 1965, disgusting. Strangely it's better in their economy. Loading at DOH, everyone on the landing bridge for 35 minutes while they got the plane ready, kids crying etc. No toilets in the departure lounge area so if you want to go out and back again it's a bit of a long process and they don't like it. Not going with them again mainly as they cancelled a paid for seat reservation of 63 quid, and after agreeing a refund in the end refused to pay up. 

Thanks for input,

However, I have flown business Q suites many times and I know Hamad airport very well.

This time I am doing something completely different which is flying on a  ' leased aircraft ' with a different seat configuration and that is what my query is about on this occasion.

I know Qatar air and have had my share of ups and downs with them.