Electric Tuk-Tuks reduce greenhouse gas emissions, easier for the elderly to use

webfact

Electric Tuk Tuk's .. yes it is a a start...but how long same as the crackdown on cars with black smoke??? Why do I see everyday still at least 5 cars/trucks overloaded with black smoke, sometimes there is a black fog staying behind..... Idea's yes.... implementation not at all.. That is Thailand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Fossil fuels are still burnt to provide the power to re-charge these EV's, huge swathes of land are continuously dug-up to produce materials to make batteries..

A greener future?

" The precise individual chemical make-up of each electric car's battery is a closely guarded secret, but most electric vehicle batteries produced today are lithium-ion and lithium polymer-based, with the major components being steel, aluminum, lithium, manganese, cobalt, nickel and graphite "

The above is from the internet but an accurate description of what is going on to produce this so called ' greener energy '  that the media is trying to force feed us into accepting.

And where are all these components coming from to make these car batteries??,

Yes, they are mined. Usually by little African children aged 7 and 8 years old upwards. But they don't want to show that in their advertising for their so called green energy and saving the planet from CO2.

It's all a giant con!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

" The precise individual chemical make-up of each electric car's battery is a closely guarded secret, but most electric vehicle batteries produced today are lithium-ion and lithium polymer-based, with the major components being steel, aluminum, lithium, manganese, cobalt, nickel and graphite "

The above is from the internet but an accurate description of what is going on to produce this so called ' greener energy '  that the media is trying to force feed us into accepting.

And where are all these components coming from to make these car batteries??,

Yes, they are mined. Usually by little African children aged 7 and 8 years old upwards. But they don't want to show that in their advertising for their so called green energy and saving the planet from CO2.

It's all a giant con!

The same place used for all the other lithium batteries you use for other things, nobody seems to have a problem with.

And newer better lithiums for EVs are LFP ... try to keep up.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The sound of Tuk-Tuks as well as the sound of boats on the Chao Phraya River and klongs are the charm of Bangkok. Another thing is that you will not hear electric Tuk-Tuks coming and since Tuk-Tuk drivers are not really known for being slow, the number of accidents will increase.

7 minutes ago, meauwnam said:

The sound of Tuk-Tuks as well as the sound of boats on the Chao Phraya River and klongs are the charm of Bangkok. Another thing is that you will not hear electric Tuk-Tuks coming and since Tuk-Tuk drivers are not really known for being slow, the number of accidents will increase.

Excessive noise is not charming.  And plenty of ICEV are very quiet, and have nothing to do with the silent EVs.  Our last ICEV was very quiet.   People should actually look, before crossing the street or changing lanes/directions while driving.   To blame a vehicle is silly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

China one of the biggest manufacturers of new-age batteries is buying up all the mineral rights it can in Africa, by paying off corrupt officials who are greedy for money.

China of course has an outstanding record on human rights.

What does that say about Australia ? ????

"Australia mines about 53 percent of the world's supply of lithium, and virtually all of it is sold to China."

Common knowledge, so didn't bother with a link ... Google is your friend.

I think they are starting to see the error of their ways though.  Just halted China's attempt to invest in another mining op.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes I am keeping up and am well read on the subject and keep up to date as much as possible with reading, internet, factual documentaries etc

What you say is correct to a point, and sure with technical advances these batteries for E Vs as well as other things will become more efficient but they need to drop the pretense of the ' Go green ' load of codswallop.

Nothing green about any of it.

You are perfectly correct, green is the color you turn when sitting in traffic surrounded by your ICE vehicles, mmmm ????

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Enoon said:

This article from the Royal Automobile Club will tell you all you need know in the "EV whole lifecycle impact" section:

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/electric-cars/choosing/are-electric-cars-really-better-for-the-environment/

The rest of it is interesting as well.

Thank you for the link and a good read.

• Like 1

If I had my druthers I would prefer an electric golf cart to a Tuk Tuk, but they have old style batteries and a 48v power supply.

https://www.marshell.net/GolfCart/index_1.html

4 Seater Golf Cart DG-M4

Lead-acid batteries / Lithium batteries /(solar-powered)(optional)

All lights system is LED. New Speedo, big size and easy operation

Bigger seat and backrest, all foaming seat, soft and conformable.

When I went a little deeper I found that they offer the choice of power supply, Lead-acid batteries / Lithium batteries /(solar-powered)(optional)

I have seen one model from a different company whose name I think is Gem, that has a ramp and a place for a wheelchair.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Fossil fuels are still burnt to provide the power to re-charge these EV's, huge swathes of land are continuously dug-up to produce materials to make batteries..

A greener future?

There is a YouTube channel Peter Santenello I was watching as he was traveling thru the heart of Appalachia.

It seems Coal mining has made a comeback due to increased energy needs with all the electric vehicles coming online. So I was thinking the same as you or worse as in may cases the fossil fuels cannot keep up with the creating electricity demands so now their back to burning coal at many power plants

Sometimes you wonder if we're all being played

Gas burning Cars got to a point of being super efficient small usage of fuel. Now this change which in effect is demanding more fuel to be burned to generate electricity to the point that they have returned to burning coal to produce this "clean" electricity?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1