Man in Narathiwat Lost Four Family Members in Fireworks Warehouse Explosion

webfact

image.jpeg

Narathiwat – A man has lost four family members after a fireworks warehouse exploded in Narathiwat.

Mr. Yossanai Bula told Thai media on July 31st with tears in his eyes, “I rushed home when I heard many loud explosions to find my home, my grandmother’s home, and my father’s home nearby were destroyed. Only my grandmother survived. I found that my father, my two cousins, and my aunt died from the explosion.”

“After I helped my grandmother, who was miraculously uninjured despite her home being completely destroyed, to a safe area, I helped three neighbors who were stuck inside their homes.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/01/man-in-narathiwat-lost-four-family-members-in-fireworks-warehouse-explosion/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A man has lost four family members after a fireworks warehouse exploded in Narathiwat.

They should erect a pole in the centre of the devastated area and hang the owner of the factory from it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

More evidence that these fireworks factories should be allowed to operate in industrial estates as far away from homes as possible .

Whilst I agree with you, it was not a firework factory at all, but a warehouse that had been converted from a business of selling farming and kitchen machinery.

Now whether there was a planning permit for the change of use, or if it slid through in the time honoured manner I have no idea, though I do have my suspicions.

It was probably converted into a warehouse if the original business failed to continue making money for the owner. 

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

More evidence that these fireworks factories should be allowed to operate in industrial estates as far away from homes as possible .

Reports thus far are conflicting in the the term 'factory', 'storehouse' and 'warehouse' have been used. I think it was a building storing imported fireworks. Regardless, the fireworks should not have been there.