Cheapest condos in Phayao or Chiang Rai

I would think, though do consider, possibly 6 months of the year, you might not want to be there, due to smog.   I know I wouldn't.  

Are you just trying to get some kind of permanent place to live, with blue book  vs renting ?  Sadly not many condo options away from larger metros, or if so, very expensive, or my experience when pricing the few I've seen.

Any of the property sites will give you ballpark price for condo in some areas.  DD property, Thailand property for reference.  Don't discount the condo builder sites themselves, as daughter picked one up in Krung Thep well below their marketed price before covid.  Still a buyers market, unless in tourist area, where ignorant people pay silly prices.  Those areas still have bargains, if not marketing to foreigners.

You can buy a room in the Chiang Rai Condotel in your budget.  Great location, nice cheap restaurant on site, swimming pool.

some of the cheaper rooms need renovating though, it’s a popular choice for foreigners.

inquire at reception or look at the noticeboard next to the lift.

I have never stayed there, but I know a lot of people who have.

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

You can buy a room in the Chiang Rai Condotel in your budget.  Great location, nice cheap restaurant on site, swimming pool.

some of the cheaper rooms need renovating though, it’s a popular choice for foreigners.

inquire at reception or look at the noticeboard next to the lift.

I have never stayed there, but I know a lot of people who have.

Do they hold value or go up in price?

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Do they hold value or go up in price?

Generally, hold value. They did go up a lot about 10 years ago, when the chairman of the committee began a project of upgrading the public face of and facilities at the building, but that stopped when he resigned.