Can my family ship me Ozempic?

noodleslayer

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding shipping medical supplies like Ozempic. My family uses Ozempic pens to help with weight loss and they get it for very cheap. In Thailand, the best I've seen so far online is 1mg pen for $257, while my family get it for like $20-30 in US.

So... is shipping Ozempic pens from US to my condo in Bangkok legal, or no?

1 hour ago, noodleslayer said:

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding shipping medical supplies like Ozempic. My family uses Ozempic pens to help with weight loss and they get it for very cheap. In Thailand, the best I've seen so far online is 1mg pen for $257, while my family get it for like $20-30 in US.

So... is shipping Ozempic pens from US to my condo in Bangkok legal, or no?

This should be in the health forum. 

No, it's not legal. Import of medicine needs a permit which you won't get.

If your family sends it by courier (UPS, DHL...) it won't pass customs. 

If they send it by snail mail and just 2 pens,  it may very well get through if it's not inspected. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lorry said:

This should be in the health forum. 

No, it's not legal. Import of medicine needs a permit which you won't get.

If your family sends it by courier (UPS, DHL...) it won't pass customs. 

If they send it by snail mail and just 2 pens,  it may very well get through if it's not inspected. 

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea roughly how long it takes snail mail from USA to a condo in Bangkok? And also, how much it is, and the best service to use, I assume USPS?

As Lorry  said. Technically not legal but customs will often let very small quantities through if sent by regular mail.   Often, not always -- and an injectable may be more problematic than pills are.

Shipping costs will be small (just send regular air mail). As to time, it varies.  Where I live, in the sticks, the answer is often "never".  But probably better where you are.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As Lorry  said. Technically not legal but customs will often let very small quantities through if sent by regular mail.   Often, not always -- and an injectable may be more problematic than pills are.

Shipping costs will be small (just send regular air mail). As to time, it varies.  Where I live, in the sticks, the answer is often "never".  But probably better where you are.

I'll do snail mail then if I decide on having them ship to me, because its way too overpriced here. Can you answer the questions on my previous post that I asked him, regarding the shipping time and which shipping service to use? Is it like 2 weeks shipping from USA to bangkok, or like 1 month? Use USPS or is there something better?

To minimize risk of customs seizure you have to send USPS. 

Delivery time depends on many factors including where they mail from, time of year, your lilocal postal service etc. 2 weeks would be rhe very fastest. 1 month more likely and can sometimes be more. 

34 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

To minimize risk of customs seizure you have to send USPS. 

Delivery time depends on many factors including where they mail from, time of year, your lilocal postal service etc. 2 weeks would be rhe very fastest. 1 month more likely and can sometimes be more. 

Thank u very much. So if I go ahead with this, I'd inform them to ship pens in a normal envelope to my Thai address, and it'd go in my mailbox inside my condo building, like when I receive the electric and water bills? I've never received snail mail before while in Thailand thats why I'm asking.

Would it be advisable for them to include a piece of paper with writing inside the envelope? Or just the pens only? How many pens maximum would you think is safe to send? Someone earlier said 2, but I'm wondering if like 5 would be ok?

Why not just buy it in Thailand? Likely far cheaper unless you are getting it per medical insurance.. A clinic I use in CM has it for sale and yes, it is the real product. If they have it here, sure you could find it in Bangkok or Pattaya.

Just now, Dcheech said:

Why not just buy it in Thailand? Likely far cheaper unless you are getting it per medical insurance.. A clinic I use in CM has it for sale and yes, it is the real product. If they have it here, sure you could find it in Bangkok or Pattaya.

Can u link it here or dm me it? I saw some Chiang Mai site selling it, but its 8900 baht for 1mg, that's way overpriced when it can be got for $20-30 in US (with medical insurance)

4 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

Thank u very much. So if I go ahead with this, I'd inform them to ship pens in a normal envelope to my Thai address, and it'd go in my mailbox inside my condo building, like when I receive the electric and water bills? I've never received snail mail before while in Thailand thats why I'm asking.

Would it be advisable for them to include a piece of paper with writing inside the envelope? Or just the pens only? How many pens maximum would you think is safe to send? Someone earlier said 2, but I'm wondering if like 5 would be ok?

It does not matter whether anything else is in envelope.

I ewould not advise trying to send more than 2-3. 

Yes if not stopped by customs ut would appear in your msilbox.

Note that it is recommended to store unopened pens in refrigerator.  And even pens in use should be kept at not more than 30 C.

Possible that by the time these reach you they will have been exposed to higher temps. 

Be careful when following the crowd with the new "in thing" weight loss drug. This stuff doesn't help unless you take it the rest of your life. It isn't like you'll take it for 6 months and lose a ton of weight and then go back your life and stop taking it. If you stop taking it all the weight will return. Sounds like cigarettes where they get you hooked with nicotine, and they make money off you the rest of your life. It's better to live a healthy lifestyle with a proper diet and plenty of exercise. It might take longer than using Ozempic to reach your weight goal but far safer, healthier and cheaper.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've used ozempic in Thailand for 2 months and lost 30lbs. The answer to your question is that heat can damage it. It's safer to buy in Thailand and has to be stored in the fridge or the heat from the journey could render it useless.

Edited by Huayrat

On 8/4/2023 at 3:31 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

Be careful when following the crowd with the new "in thing" weight loss drug. This stuff doesn't help unless you take it the rest of your life. It isn't like you'll take it for 6 months and lose a ton of weight and then go back your life and stop taking it. If you stop taking it all the weight will return. Sounds like cigarettes where they get you hooked with nicotine, and they make money off you the rest of your life. It's better to live a healthy lifestyle with a proper diet and plenty of exercise. It might take longer than using Ozempic to reach your weight goal but far safer, healthier and cheaper.

You're wrong.. I took it for 2 months and lost 30lbs.. I stopped taking it 2 months ago and now i'm 35lb less than i was 4 months ago.. Once you shed the weight just start eating correctly and the weight stays off.. I now need a new Wardrobe haha.

On 8/19/2023 at 4:56 AM, Huayrat said:

You're wrong.. I took it for 2 months and lost 30lbs.. I stopped taking it 2 months ago and now i'm 35lb less than i was 4 months ago.. Once you shed the weight just start eating correctly and the weight stays off.. I now need a new Wardrobe haha.

That's the key. Eating correctly. Most don't. If you stop taking Ozempic and go back to your normal eating pattern the weight will indeed return.

I'm happy to hear you lost so much weight. Are you at your goal or trying to lose more?