Bank Account

They say in some banks, that there have been put in restrictions on bank accounts for foreigners. Some say they can not get a Visa Card, some say that is no problem. It seem to depend on what bank or branch you ask.

What are the condition for opening a banka account and get Visa Electronic (Debit) or Credit Card for a foreiger in Thailand. Can somebody please tell me? Thanks! :o

i dont think if these guys are biased abt givin out a credit card , its jus tat bank of thailand has tuf rules for plastic money .. splly wen it comes to non-thai's !

the min criteria i know of -

1. a salary pkg of at least 1 Mil THB (most of the banks do this, even if its not a printed requirement !)

2. Account cash flow

3. Recurring balance maintained

4. Spending habits / debt history

6. At least one year in the SAME company (or TWO for some). If you change your job after a year, youre bak to spot zero again !

Finally a pinch of luck !

BUT AEON is biased, they say its only for thai and japanese !

cheers !

You answered yourself in the first sentence of above post. Up to them.

i dont think if these guys are biased abt givin out a credit card , its jus tat bank of thailand has tuf rules for plastic money .. splly wen it comes to non-thai's !

the min criteria i know of -

1. a salary pkg of at least 1 Mil THB (most of the banks do this, even if its not a printed requirement !)

2. Account cash flow

3. Recurring balance maintained

4. Spending habits / debt history

6. At least one year in the SAME company (or TWO for some). If you change your job after a year, youre bak to spot zero again !

Finally a pinch of luck !

BUT AEON is biased, they say its only for thai and japanese !

cheers !

You answered yourself in the first sentence of above post. Up to them.

Depends on the branch. No hard and fast rules apply in Thailand.

Me.........crap salary as a teacher. Wife.......... makes all the money ( chain of beauty salons )

Wife............... Account with Kasikorn Pattaya Tai. Lots of money going in. Me.............Visa credit card in my name from same branch, thanks to my wife. :o