Bee collection

sappersrest

My neighbour has an extremly large nest of bees hanging from the eves of their house, we have asked on several occasions for the bees to be removed with no avail.

The moohban management have also asked for it to be removed.

The upshot is that if it is  not removed in 7 days the tessabahn will send their pest control around and destroy both the bees and nest with poison.

Does any one know of bee keeper that will come and collect the nest, it is in Sanameng.

Many thanks

10 minutes ago, sappersrest said:

I am surrounded by people other houses etc who want rid, hence my post to move them.i personally think ieave alone ,but have them moved instead  of being killed.

What kind of bees? Honey or vespa? Save the honey and kill the vespas. 

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I had a hive hanging from one of our mango trees.

Everyone came round for a look and to tell us how lucky it was.

After around 5 months they moved on.

Never caused any harm or stung anyone.

Why are you so concerned?

Yes they come and go like busy bees. I have has three hives around the house this year they are all gone now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

Sad there aren’t any suggestions for bee keepers on here. I’m sure they’re out there somewhere, but no one really knows. 

These are wild bees so I don't think any bee keeper will have anything to do with them. It is possible however to harvest the honey if you know how... Once you harvest the honey the bees will relocate

Why not get a suit n hood, smoke puffer, a large wooden box with a lid and small holes drilled for ventilation all over the box and lid.

Collect the hive piece by piece, gently put in box, take to a forrest area, smoke the box again, remove the cover then open the box and leave it there.

What a cool and kind thing to do for the bees and their work in the ecosystem.

23 hours ago, sappersrest said:

I am surrounded by people other houses etc who want rid, hence my post to move them.i personally think ieave alone ,but have them moved instead  of being killed.

Bee Lives Matter :).....and ours too with the pollination thing they do!

On 8/5/2023 at 7:11 AM, LukKrueng said:

These are wild bees so I don't think any bee keeper will have anything to do with them. It is possible however to harvest the honey if you know how... Once you harvest the honey the bees will relocate

Dead wrong.  I've been searching for a wild hive since my gardener completely destroyed one a meter from my property.  He harvested the honey like a bear would instead of telling me first in which case I could have given him the honey and saved the hive for my hive box.

20 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Why not get a suit n hood, smoke puffer, a large wooden box with a lid and small holes drilled for ventilation all over the box and lid.

Collect the hive piece by piece, gently put in box, take to a forrest area, smoke the box again, remove the cover then open the box and leave it there.

Ah, yes, that would be so easy.  Geez...

He can't find a bee keeper so what do you think the chances are of his being able to get a suit, hood, smoker and having the ability to remove the nest, not to mention access a conveniently close "forest area" for disposal?!

• Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 2:44 PM, placeholder said:

Wasps (vespas) don't make honey. 

Wasps are not vespas.

The Vespidae are divided into the subfamilies Vespinae (yellow jackets and hornets) and Polistinae (wasps). The Vespinae are split into three genera: Vespula (yellow jackets), Dolichovespula and Vespa (hornets).
Apis, aka honey bee.