Retirement Extension Phuket - 800k

CANSIAM

It was slightly different this year, a couple hiccups, my address on their computor  was showing Bangkok I don't know why I just did a 90 day report in person last week, the IO that does the paper work pre-checks outside the office told me to walk over to the drive thru 90 day reporting to update - done.  IO also wanted to see a copy of the 90 day Non O e visa from home country that I arrived with in June 2022 - had that with me luckily. IO wanted copies of all pages of bank passbook ( I had 12 month bank statement with me ) - never asked last year, went to copy shop nearby - done.  IO did not want to see a rental agreement or TM30 that I had with me.  Once inside the office IO wanted a photo of myself with house number - had that on my phone but wanted a paper copy, back to copy shop - done.  Two hours later all done - 1900 baht, pick up passport tomorrow with a new 90 day slip affixed. I sense they are clamping down harder. Geeeeesh, see you next year !!

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

my address on their computor  was showing Bangkok I don't know why I just did a 90 day report in person last week,

From what I've read here I don't believe there is any actual link between the 90 day and the TM30 databases, so quite possible they could show different addresses.

22 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

pick up passport tomorrow with a new 90 day slip affixed. See you next year !!

I know it's the practice there, make you return following day, but don't understand why.

All 7 offices I have used do retirement stamps on the spot, and I've never had one of them update the 90 day report at the same time, even when it was due the following week, all I got was a reminder that it was nearly due.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

photo of myself with house number

Never been asked for that, and I arrived 2005, but I have had visits by local police at Immigration request, and they took photo of them and me in front of sister-in-law's house not mine (they are next to each other but not connected)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Never been asked for that, and I arrived 2005, but I have had visits by local police at Immigration request, and they took photo of them and me in front of sister-in-law's house not mine (they are next to each other but not connected)

I've never had an immigration address visit and first time asked for a photo at residence. Young IO inside, I wish he had a look at my hand drawn very detailed road map from my place to his office that I had tucked away ready for his request............ bring everything you can possibly think of to your next extension, others there were missing papers or copies and dealing with different IO requests from previous years as well..... 

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobthegimp said:

And people get grief for using agents 555.  

Yup.

I've been residing 10+ years.

Anything, apart from 90 days, that may cause; questions/problems/hassles/frustration or blunt instrument body trauma are best put in the hands of a long standing valued Agent.????????

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 3:53 AM, skatewash said:

Standard operating procedure at Phuket Immigration for the last several years.  Always get a new 90-Day Report stapled in when doing the annual retirement extension.  Always need to come back the next day to pick up passport with retirement extension and 90-Day Report.  On this last thing, I speculate that the senior officer who signs off on the extensions only wants to do it once per day.  Initially, I didn't like this procedure as I don't like to have my passport out of my possession for any reason.  However, after reflection, I've decided that it does minimize time spent at the immigration office as one is not left waiting for someone to sign off on your application.  Also, as I routinely get a re-entry permit after getting a new extension I don't necessarily mind going to the immigration office the next day to pick up the passport as I use that visit to also get a new re-entry permit.

You are correct, The senior officer signs all the application once a day at the end of the working day.

And normally they will put in a new 90 day reporting slip but this is not always done.