Thailand’s 2023 inflation forecast to be 1-2%, the lowest in ASEAN

snoop1130

main-2023-08-07T161735.535.png

Thailand’s inflation rate is the lowest among the seven ASEAN countries which have already announced their rates, with inflation for the whole year expected to range between 1% and 2%, according to Poonpong Naiyanapakorn, director of the Commerce Ministry’s Trade Policy and Strategy Office.

Based on information from June, he said Thailand’s low inflation rate is in line with global inflation, which is steadily falling, and is the lowest compared to Laos, the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam.

The consumer price index for July is equivalent to 107.82, compared to 107.41 for the same period last year, resulting in a rate increase of only 0.38% year on year. The low inflation rate is attributable to a drop in food prices, such as pork, which has continued for three consecutive months, and energy prices falling for five months in a row, compared to the same period last year.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-2023-inflation-forecast-to-be-1-2-the-lowest-in-asean/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-08-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Reckon closer to 25% for the whole Covid disaster. Electricity, Hotels, all imported foods, etc. My pension went up 17%, exchange rate ok, but I feel poorer.

Hotels are the same as 10 years ago. Food is up 25% in 10 years so 2% compounded.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

U must be some Thai army general.... Hotels I could book for 1800 pre covid are now at 2500, so how much is that? I could go on with NZ meat, pasta  etc...

I don't base my comments on some manipulated data I can read on the web, this is real life.

I use Agoda. Stayed at lots of cheap places that were good only 600 baht.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The price of rice is going to rise ,as India has stopped exporting it , and I think Thailand too.

if only inflation was only 1- 2 % , but it's just not so , every week the wife comes back from

the market ,this is up , thats cost more , while seasonal 10 kg potatoes in market were up to

450 Baht , 

regards worgeorgie

I see your wife is like mine.

She tells the truth because she gets out into the real world, unlike Poonpong Naiyanapakorn, director of the Commerce Ministry’s Trade Policy and Strategy Office, who wouldn't know a price rise if it smacked him in the face.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1