Child vaccination

Bloggi

Hello,

I wonder if anyone is able to advice the best place for our child to receive her 4-month vaccinations (see attached for info).

Normally we would take these in Korat, as they were scheduled for the 9th August, with the price being approximately 6000thb, however due to circumstances we have had to travel to the Pattaya / Jomtien area.

I'm told at the local Bangkok Pattaya hospital it would be approximately 10000thb, which is a little more than we would like to pay; so if anyone can recommend anywhere else that can provide the service a little cheaper (and closer to 6000thb) that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

4 month child booster.PNG

Edited by Bloggi

2 hours ago, Bloggi said:

Hello,

I wonder if anyone is able to advice the best place for our child to receive her 4-month vaccinations (see attached for info).

Normally we would take these in Korat, as they were scheduled for the 9th August, with the price being approximately 6000thb, however due to circumstances we have had to travel to the Pattaya / Jomtien area.

I'm told at the local Bangkok Pattaya hospital it would be approximately 10000thb, which is a little more than we would like to pay; so if anyone can recommend anywhere else that can provide the service a little cheaper (and closer to 6000thb) that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

4 month child booster.PNG

Your list is missing one:  Hep B vaccine 2nd dose (3rd if counting the birth dose) should also be given at 4 months.

Assuming your child is a Thai citizen, except for possibly the pneumovoccal (IPD) vaccine these can all be received free of charge at any government hospital or health center.  For  IPD you might need to go private. Pattaya Memorial Hospital is usually the least expensive private option in Pattaya itself. 

Another good private option if willing to travel a bit is Phayathai Sri Racha hospital.  Call 037--317-333 for costs 

• Agree 1

Hi Sheryl,

Thank you for your reply which is helpful. Our daughter is as I type now phoning the Pattaya Memorial Hospital. We'll see how she gets on.

With regards to the vaccines, my wife and daughter say there are often long queues at the Government Hospitals so that would be a reason for them not wishing to attend, although I personally would for the cost saving.

As for the Hep B, I will check on this, I did take a snip of the full list of injections and it was translated by my daughter but it does look like the baby has had a Hep B injection in the 1st month, although from your correspondence she may still be missing one more?

Thanks again, and I will keep posters informed how we get on if we find Pattaya Memorial a good option.

Kind regards.

Child injections_Thailand.jpg

14 hours ago, Bloggi said:

Our daughter is as I type now phoning the Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

Sounds like you are going the expensive/farang "I know nothing about Thai health care" route. Sure you can get vaccines at the big major hospitals, but you can also get them at the smaller community clinics.  Find the one nearest you, go in and ask how much?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Sounds like you are going the expensive/farang "I know nothing about Thai health care" route. Sure you can get vaccines at the big major hospitals, but you can also get them at the smaller community clinics.  Find the one nearest you, go in and ask how much?

On the contrary, he has explained that while he would prefer the less expensive government health care route his wife and daughter object to the longer waits.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, bbko said:

@Bloggi

Yes, the small local clinics will/should have.  No need to go to the main 'muang' gov't hospital.  Our experience anyway.

At worse, they may have to order, as not having on hand, since some need cold storage.

I've even gotten tetanus shots for myself at local clinic, and once they had to order.  Once 50 baht, once free.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The vaccines are virtually the same everywhere in Thailand since only a handful of drug companies import these vaccines. Choose any decent private hospital or pediatric clinic that suits you and just walk in. The price won't be far off.

As for the missing hepatitis B vaccine, sometimes the hepatitis B vaccine is administered during the 1-month slot. Since children only need three doses, one of them is given at birth. If another is administered at 1 month, then only one more is needed at around 2, 4, or 6 months of age. Therefore, it's not unusual for it not to be listed in the 4-month-old schedule.

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 12:30 AM, Sheryl said:

Assuming your child is a Thai citizen, except for possibly the pneumovoccal (IPD) vaccine these can all be received free of charge at any government hospital or health center. 

Interesting,  does it have to be in the Thai child's home province where they are registered, or can it be anywhere, so long as it is a government hospital/health center?

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Interesting,  does it have to be in the Thai child's home province where they are registered, or can it be anywhere, so long as it is a government hospital/health center?

Think you just need the kid's 'Pink book'.

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Think you just need the kid's 'Pink book'.

What's a pink book?

My kid has a Thai ID and birth certificate. 

And she's on the housebook in the village in another province.

25 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

What's a pink book?

My kid has a Thai ID and birth certificate. 

And she's on the housebook in the village in another province.

You get a pink book when the kid is born for the hospitals to record all their medical details. 

The schools also ask to see it now and again, to check for vaccinations.

Edited by BritManToo

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You get a pink book when the kid is born for the hospitals to record all their medical details. 

The schools also ask to see it now and again, to check for vaccinations.

Interesting,  she was given a vaccination logbook at the private hospital she was born in.

It's not really official or anything and not related to government. 

The last few times the nurses came to the school to give them various other vaccines, it wasn't asked for, so I dunno.