Reliable taxi service bkk airport to central pattaya?

pomchop

Any good recommendations? Can you book in advance and they monitor your flight if should be late?  Arrive approx midnight at swampy after long flight so don't want any drama.  Approximate price standard car two big suitcases one person to central pattaya?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

looks good to me....i see when u book they do ask for your flight number so i assume if u got delayed they would be aware of it....

I assume they check on the airport Arrivals site. I was met by a lady with a named board at Level 1 gate 3. Short walk to the car and away you go. Safe travels.

• Thanks 1

All. Never didn't make it to Patts (or anywhere else) from the airport. Bolt, Grab, Public Taxi queue, private booking. Prices will vary, but all have gotten me to my destination reliably each and every time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

I assume they check on the airport Arrivals site. I was met by a lady with a named board at Level 1 gate 3. Short walk to the car and away you go. Safe travels.

Thank you for that info....seems very cheap at 1000 thb for middle of night but i will of course give the driver a nice tip if all is ok...

I like to frequent the same taxi service regardless of which airport I'm going to. Nam's has a big notice on their rates page that they no longer go to or from Don Mueang, which seems a bit strange. I guess they get all the business they need from Suvarnabhumi only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Thank you for that info....seems very cheap at 1000 thb for middle of night but i will of course give the driver a nice tip if all is ok...

1000 baht is for small car. I always book the standard car for 1200 baht which has always been a very nice car.

The drivers have always been waiting regardless of flight late or early so they definitely monitor your flight (plus they can see flight arrivals board where they wait)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

1000 baht is for small car. I always book the standard car for 1200 baht which has always been a very nice car.

I booked the 1000 baht small sedan and a Camry turned up ????

• Like 2

Bangkokshuttle.com - used for years. 

I highly recommend them for 'no drama'.

Not the cheapest but very well organised.  Book and pay online; they issue instant PDF receipt with details and contacts.  

They have a meeting team at the airport, and when you arrive they call the car and it arrives in a couple of mins.

Nice vehicles and drivers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blackshadow said:

bells transport ....bus service !!!!

Not in the middle of the night?
Just noticed another comment earlier as I panned down.

Edited by jojothai
Saw another similar post afterward
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Sent Nam an email 4 hours ago to book a taxi for tomorrow, but still no reply, and there is no phone number on her website.

Is this normal?

I normally book 3-4 days out and always had a response within an hour saying they'll confirm driver day before. Since you're already within 24 hours she probably has to confirm driver first so missed first email response

If you're worried email again saying you are worried. 

Edited by Pattaya57

I booked Nams yesterday and was surprised they replied with small car 1000 baht. I asked for my normal large sedan for 1200 and they confirmed.

They also advised they now have 3 options and considering they have to wait around for flight and us clearing immigration I don't know how they make money. Good for us though ????

From email:

Yes now we have many sedan. 

S Sedan is Toyota Vios or similar 1000 baht all tolls included. 

M sedan is Toyota Altis or similar 1100 baht all tolls included. 

And L sedan  is Toyota Camry for 1200 baht all tolls included. 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I booked Nams yesterday and was surprised they replied with small car 1000 baht. I asked for my normal large sedan for 1200 and they confirmed.

They also advised they now have 3 options and considering they have to wait around for flight and us clearing immigration I don't know how they make money. Good for us though ????

From email:

Yes now we have many sedan. 

S Sedan is Toyota Vios or similar 1000 baht all tolls included. 

M sedan is Toyota Altis or similar 1100 baht all tolls included. 

And L sedan  is Toyota Camry for 1200 baht all tolls included. 

I will book them next week...did they say where they meet you?  I assume have a sign just outside of immigration with your name?

5 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I will book them next week...did they say where they meet you?  I assume have a sign just outside of immigration with your name?

Yes, after customs go to exit 3 and she will have your name on a sign 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

^ suggest you tell them you have 2 large suitcases as you said in OP. Don't think 2 large suitcases and carry on will fit in boot/trunk of small car but they would know?

I prefer the larger car anyway, feels more luxury ????

Edited by Pattaya57

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

^ suggest you tell them you have 2 large suitcases as you said in OP. Don't think 2 large suitcases and carry on will fit in boot/trunk of small car but they would know?

I prefer the larger car anyway, feels more luxury ????

thanks i think larger car worth couple hundred baht more

9 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Yes, after customs go to exit 3 and she will have your name on a sign 

Do they ask you for some sort of verification or can I, I mean anyone just walk up to a person holding a sign and say something like "To Pattaya, right?" and off I, opps, I mean anyone goes on a no wait ride to Pattaya? 555

Edited by bbko
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bbko said:

Do they ask you for some sort of verification or can I, I mean anyone just walk up to a person holding a sign and say something like "To Pattaya, right?" and off I, opps, I mean anyone goes on a free ride to Pattaya? 555

Won't be free as you only pay when you get dropped off. I have also had my photo taken everytime I'm picked up so they will have your pic if you try to do a runner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1