never ending pop up advertisements

LatPhrao

I can't view a page without an endless array of annoying ads or view comments or replies to my comments in the forums without a giant AD popping up that when you finally get rid of it you're flipped away to some irrelevant somewhere else.  Aseannow get a grip and end the constant barrage of ads, please!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I see that we can no longer dismiss the orange 'sign up to the newsletter' banner (on the desktop - don't know if this is the case with the app.)  Just another irritation.  I don't want the newsletter so stop nagging me about it!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, doctormann said:

I see that we can no longer dismiss the orange 'sign up to the newsletter' banner (on the desktop - don't know if this is the case with the app.)  Just another irritation.  I don't want the newsletter so stop nagging me about it!

I agree!

Yet another annoying and unwanted irritation which even my adblockers cant stop!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had to use a tablet a short while ago for a specific non AN purpose and on completion thought I would log onto AN and see what posters are complaining about and that I had previously posted about!

What a disaster!

Without @dblockers the AN site is totally unusable on anything other than a large monitor!

I can only assume that the Mods/Owners also use either @dblockers or desktops with very big screen monitors!

AN; I understand you must make money but the ads are WAY OTP!  If I was involved in advertising I most certainly would not advertise on AN as it is overloaded with so called adverts and unusable IMO!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I had to use a tablet a short while ago for a specific non AN purpose and on completion thought I would log onto AN and see what posters are complaining about and that I had previously posted about!

What a disaster!

Without @dblockers the AN site is totally unusable on anything other than a large monitor!

I can only assume that the Mods/Owners also use either @dblockers or desktops with very big screen monitors!

AN; I understand you must make money but the ads are WAY OTP!  If I was involved in advertising I most certainly would not advertise on AN as it is overloaded with so called adverts and unusable IMO!

Aren't there any ads that you enjoy, then?

Recently, I have been getting plenty of ads for industrial peanut-butter milling machines.

But no ads for things that I really would like to see.

Such as, I am interested in maybe buying a very large wall map of China with high-resolution, 7-color printing.

But, so far, I have not received an ad for one.

I just wish that Google would get it's act together, and serve up some ads that I could really use, or enjoy.

So far, it's a wasteland.

I even got a few ads for ladies panties, silk stockings, and high heels.

But, they got my color wrong.

Such a waste...

• Sad 1

You can always do what I have done, that's seldom look at TV anymore. I used to have a look at what was happening most days now it's once every Two Three weeks if that. TV take notice that in the end these adds will close TV down as there will be no one watching. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

You can always do what I have done, that's seldom look at TV anymore. I used to have a look at what was happening most days now it's once every Two Three weeks if that. TV take notice that in the end these adds will close TV down as there will be no one watching. 

Understand why considering how it’s pretty much tuned into a game of One-Up-You circus, and its allowed in order to get more ad hits 

8 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Good thinking. Apart from the intrusive ads there are so many abrasive posters around that are also off-putting.

Crikey!!  Just now following the Messenger notice that there are replies to this thread and had to fight my way through at least 6 pop up ads, two of them were full page blocking this thread, then a whack of smaller ones in the corner. Click to delete and you lose you position viewing the thread and have scroll around to find it again.    ASEANEWS I hope you're reading this!!  This is on you!!! STOP THESE POP UP ADS or I'm pulling the plug on ASEANEWS.

• Like 1