Pizza Restaurant On Soi 23?

ashacat

I know of the place - fantastic pizza selection and thier pasta with a dough top ( bit like a pie) is out of this world...

But not sure of the name of the place either.. sorry

I just know it on the left hand side as you drive up the soi from main road... (Suk)

Good prices as well... beats the living crap out of Lemoncello on Suk 11

Yeah, I tried a pizza from there recently (take out) and it was lovely!!!! But I'm not sure where the shop is or what it is called.

Sorry dude, just asked the Missus and it seems the place I thinking of is on Soi 31....

"On the other side of Sukhumvit, Pizzeria Bella Napoli, on Sukhumvit soi 31, is one of the best pizzerias in town. Their pizzas are excellent, but the pastas are equally tasty, served in deep-dish bowls that have pizza dough stretched over the top and are then briefly cooked in the pizza oven -- great for finishing off the last bits of sauce!"

http://www.travelfish.org/eatandmeet/thail...k_to_ekamai/eat

Sorry for the mis info...

And the reviewer is spot on tho.. these are the best pizza's in town...

Hungry now.. bugger

I suspected that you might be talking about Bella Napoli when you said that the pasta comes with a dough topping!! Yeah Bella Napoli is definatly one of the best pizza gaffs in town, they deliver too by the way. :o

Still doesn't help me finding this place tho.... Any other ideas from anyone?

I suspected that you might be talking about Bella Napoli when you said that the pasta comes with a dough topping!! Yeah Bella Napoli is definatly one of the best pizza gaffs in town, they deliver too by the way. :o

Still doesn't help me finding this place tho.... Any other ideas from anyone?

Yes, Bella Napoli is a good place but also The Via Vai Restaurant on Sukhunvit soi 8 is excellent!

Yes, Bella Napoli is a good place but also The Via Vai Restaurant on Sukhunvit soi 8 is excellent!

Cheers Viac, but I really want to find out what the one on 23 is called. Never tried Via Via tho, have to give it a shot...

There is another Italian further down the Soi on the right - I take it this is the one you are referring to?

I don't know!!! I ordered a pizza from a bar on Soi 33 and it was really nice, apparently they do not cook the pizzas themselves but instead they have them delivered from a place on soi 23. The bar has now changed ownership so I cannot go back and ask!!!

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of a pizza restaurant located on Sukhumvit Soi 23? I think it starts with an "m".

Cheers.

Pizza Mania

http://www.pizzamania.co.th/

Great wood fired oven pizzas. Delivery only, their shop is in a small alley off Soi 23. I live just a coulple buildings away from them and because their thin-crust pizzas take little time to cook, I've had them at my door within 10 minutes of ordering.

• 4 weeks later...

Pizza Aroy on Sukhumvit soi 25 is the real deal. It's about 50 meters

down the soi. It's owned by real Italian people. Fabulous pizza and

HOMEMADE pasta. They deliver too.

Their food is IMHO just as good as La Piola but at about 1/2 the price.

They used to run the pizza place at the beer garden at the Suan Lum night

bazaar (back when it was good, now it's terrible).

Pizza Aroy 02-204-1223

• 3 months later...

Must say, GF and I went last night for dinner to Via Vai on Soi 8, just a few blocks off Suk Road. Overall, it's very pleasant restaurant with a very nice upscale setting inside (air conditioned, cloth tableclothes and thick, crisp cloth napkins), and a patio outside as well. The staff is good and attentive, and the food quality is very good based on our choices, even by Western Italian standards (and I don't mean Dominoes or Pizza Hut!!!). The prices are OK, not cheap, but not overly expensive, especially for the quality. Figure about 300 baht per food entree.

We shared a pizza with black olives, mushroom, ham and a fourth topping I can't recall now, which was baked nicely in a wood fired oven with a thin, slightly crisp crust at the edges. No pastry dough like some Thai shops. But real authentic pizza dough. All their pizzas at VV come in one size, a large circle that has about 8 pieces, plenty for two people. Though, I was a bit surprised they didn't have any more than one size available, for any of their pizzas. But the taste was good, the crust was done perfectly, and the cheese layed on just right-- all in a thin crust style.

But the real killer was a basil pesto lasagna they offered, also about 300 baht, which was great and something I would have expected only from the best gourmet Italian restaurants in L.A. Absolutely perfect dish, a heaven of melted cheeze and tender pasta and basil pesto rolled together into a log shape, absolutely delicious...asssuming you like basil pesto. Enough for three servings, and very rich.

Haven't made it over across the road to Limoncello yet, but that's on the agenda. We went to VV for early dinner about 6 pm on a weeknight, and were the only ones inside. But by the time we finished an hour or so later, there were probably a half dozen other tables occupied. But it's a large place inside, with lots of table seating. So they had plenty room for more. Interestingly, almost all the other tables were farang-farang couples. So, where are you guys?????

Final tidbit - When our pizza arrived, they had taken the four toppings and divided them each into covering just one quarter of the pizza -- instead of mixing them all together. So later, I asked the lady manager about that, and she said that is their practice, explaining that some people don't like some toppings, so that way they don't have to eat something they don't want. Unfortunately, I had NOT asked them to do that, and wanted a pizza with everything mixed together. So, now I know next time, I have to tell them to fix it mixed. Otherwise, you'll get divided toppings. Never seen a place before that fixed their pizza that way automatically, but VV does...unless you say otherwise.

Good eating... John... formerly from L.A.

• 9 months later...

Their "service" sucks and they are screwing their customers. See my other post about this. WORST service ever.

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of a pizza restaurant located on Sukhumvit Soi 23? I think it starts with an "m".

Cheers.

Pizza Mania

http://www.pizzamania.co.th/

Great wood fired oven pizzas. Delivery only, their shop is in a small alley off Soi 23. I live just a coulple buildings away from them and because their thin-crust pizzas take little time to cook, I've had them at my door within 10 minutes of ordering.