7/11 credit card: 200 bahts minimum since August 10 (2023) ?

anotherfarangishere

22 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

My visits to 7/11 is at least 100. If less than 200 baht, I  can buy 4 coconut water to make up the difference. So many consumable things are available to make up it upto 200. Not bad. 

You're funny with your 4 coconut water to spend more money to please 7/11! ????

Seriously, except for you, 200 bahts minimum is very bad, like any minimum. Especially in Thailand where banks racket you when you get cash at ATM.

Edited by anotherfarangishere
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Confirmed in Pinklao, asked the franchisee at our local, he said they adopted from beginning of August.

I know cash is easy but after the removal of two nearby ATMs it's a pain in the derriere.  Yes, was told the option for debit is always there, the banks didn't write a custom system for 7/11. In this store at least they are told by whatever passes here for 7/11 Corporate to not offer debit card options.  :dry:

17 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

It's ok, we've already understood you're speaking only about you and are not interested by other people.

Unless the person is a tourist, most people don't pay anything for ATM withdrawal. Also, many tourists have become savvy to bring cards that refund them the ATM fees. Many bring cash and can get highly competitive conversion rate. I don't know anybody paying ATM withdrawal fees repeatedly. .