Proof OF VISIT that 800k is in your bank after 3 months.

ok just asking last year when I went to report and show my UpToDate bank book showing that the 800k was still in my bank after the 3 months needed.

The Immagration check it all and said here is your bank book back all good off you go.

We all know that the immigration is going through a big witch hunt in its own departments. and checking everything to find faults and ask for extra money off their customers. if errors are found on your next visit.

Example using a bent so-called agent to do your 90 days or other reporting's.

So it begs the question where oh where is the piece of paper that says you even came in to report your 800k on 3 months after due date?   They never give a receipt so show you been in and reported.

It is their word against yours if at a later date the <deleted> hits the fan because some lazy officer forgot to input your visit in correctly and we all know who wins in that argument.   1900 bhat please.

Do you guys get any written acknowledgement of your visit?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, whiteman said:

ok just asking last year when I went to report and show my UpToDate bank book showing that the 800k was still in my bank after the 3 months needed.

The Immagration check it all and said here is your bank book back all good off you go.

We all know that the immigration is going through a big witch hunt in its own departments. and checking everything to find faults and ask for extra money off their customers. if errors are found on your next visit.

So it begs the question where oh where is the piece of paper that says you even came in to report your 800k on 3 months after due date?   They never give a receipt so show you been in and reported.

It is their word against yours if at a later date the <deleted> hits the fan because some lazy officer forgot to input your visit in correctly and we all know who wins in that argument.   1900 bhat please.

Huh? What did I just read?????????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

They don't care about the 90 day financials, don't bother going

Thinking OP is referring to Jomtien.

Only quoted you because some dill gave you sad emoji.

The 90 day return date at Jomtien is a rubbish request and never recorded. 

Your post is accurate. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

The financial proof rules currently in effect were not well thought through, and are not enforced in the way some senior bureaucrats originally envisaged. In practice, the only penalty for failing to follow the rules of 800k for three months after the extension is granted, and for two months before the next one (and 400k the rest of the time) is that your next extension will be denied. There is no fine for non compliance. Jomtien has decided on a bit of enforcement theatre that has no real function.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, whiteman said:

Never received any written acknowledgement.

But the lady who usually handles this sitting outside the extension desk is one of the nicest people at Immigration. 

Probably don't need to go but it's easy for me to get to Jomtien Immigration so I don't mind. I'm on Soi 5 quite a bit using my Cheap Charlie card anyway.

Edited by shortstop2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, whiteman said:

Delusional @whiteman

2 hours ago, whiteman said:

No,

even worse ..., i asked a desk 8 officer what is the fine , or action if i don't do it ?? (did it all the years already but because of mass queuing at Pattaya Jomtien immigration in COVID time ...)

Answer  : no fine or anything else ..... just if not in full 800K bht on account and noticed by renewing the ext. could be denied the Ret.ext.

SO  now you know why no proof of that visit is delivered

7 hours ago, whiteman said:

Example using a bent so-called agent to do your 90 days

Anyone can do your 90 day report for you, so nothing "bent" about an agent doing it for you

Seeing as the Elite team in Bkk will do members' 90 day reports, are they "bent" agents?

Not all Imm Offices require you to come back after 90 days to show that the funds for your 1-year retirement extension have not slipped under 800K. 

Those that do require this, normally provide you with a slip stapled in your passport with the date for that Bank-funds check, for which showing an updated Bank Pass-book is sufficient. 

Note: Some offices do 'reset' your 90-day reporting schedule from date of 1-year extension, and in such case that Bank Pass-book check is same as the due date for the 90-day report, so you can do both at same time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just update my bank account to show the money is there after 3 months. I don't report back to Jomtein anymore since i didn't get  a receipt. Didn't have any issue at the next extension.

While I am at it: What is the real cost of my non-o? Dollar has lost it purchasing power by 24% in 10 years based on CPI reports while S&P 500 has went up 210%. Using an agent without money is illegal I don't want go there.

10 hours ago, whiteman said:

When I renew my Non Imm 'O', I take a 12 month bank statement as requested. That way they can look back and see whether the 800K has moved or not in the past year.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1