Nissan Kicks E power Any good ?

thaiscot

Been looking for a new car to replace  my 10 yr old Mazda cx5 having whittled it down to between the Toyota cross Hybrid or the Honda hrv hybrid ( need something  economical as do a lot of kms ) This week had a look in past a nissan dealer & had a look at the Nissan kicks e power which is basically  an electric  car with a 3 cylinder  petrol engine which is solely  used as a generator to provide electricity  for the electric  motors which power the wheels so different  from a hybrid as the engine doesn't  power the wheels at all

Does any one have any experience  with this Compact SUV ?

Regards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiscot said:

Been looking for a new car to replace  my 10 yr old Mazda cx5 having whittled it down to between the Toyota cross Hybrid or the Honda hrv hybrid ( need something  economical as do a lot of kms ) This week had a look in past a nissan dealer & had a look at the Nissan kicks e power which is basically  an electric  car with a 3 cylinder  petrol engine which is solely  used as a generator to provide electricity  for the electric  motors which power the wheels so different  from a hybrid as the engine doesn't  power the wheels at all

Regards

It was a Nissan kick not a Nissan kicks but, I test drove one, to many bells n whistles for my liking, scared the poo out of me when someone pulled across from a u turn in front of me and the sensors made the steering wheel shudder, no proper 'gear' lever just small switches, having to glance down to see them,( hard to 'feel' them). and could not just hold the indicators on for a few flashes, but had to turn them on fully. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaiscot said:

Regards

Hybrid's come in many different formats here are a few examples

Series hybrids 

Parallel hybrid

series-parallel hybrid

I guess the main concern in Thailand is do HEV have a good resale value

Kick has had some issues, so may want to Google about them.  No experience with it myself.

Like the look of the Cross, but again, no experience.  Helpful, I know.  Google 'nissan kick issues'.