30 / 60 day extension

I'm German, now on a 30 allowance of stay after having used my Non-O visa for 15 months.

I plan to request a 30 day extension at the immigration office. Last time I was asked to show my marriage certificate and birth-certificate of my child. Are there any other documents I have to provide apart from the application form?

Where can I find the form online?

When I came back to Thailand via a Lao border checkpoint, the immigration officer there told me, that I could also apply for a 60 day visa extension.

Previously, my visa agent had told me that this was only possible in 2020 due to covid.

What information is correct? Is there a 60 day extension or not?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Thanks for your reply.

Well, the immigration office asked me for my marriage certificate and birth certificate when I was there last time (at the end of 15 months use of my Non-O visa based on marriage) when I was applying for a 60 day extension. 

Then then told me that the needed the mentioned documents to do that but later my visa agent told me that there was no 60 day extension and I would not be able to extend my visa for 30 days but needed to leave the country (which I did). Thus my confusion.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can now extend my stay by 30 days and after that extend my stay by another 60 days, is that correct?

And which documents do I need aside from the form?

Thanks again

38 minutes ago, Davef2912 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Well, the immigration office asked me for my marriage certificate and birth certificate when I was there last time (at the end of 15 months use of my Non-O visa based on marriage) when I was applying for a 60 day extension. 

Then then told me that the needed the mentioned documents to do that but later my visa agent told me that there was no 60 day extension and I would not be able to extend my visa for 30 days but needed to leave the country (which I did). Thus my confusion.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can now extend my stay by 30 days and after that extend my stay by another 60 days, is that correct?

And which documents do I need aside from the form?

Thanks again

If you are applying for a 60-day extension to visit your wife, reasonably, Immigration will want to see proof that you are married.

The 30-day extension, as Jack explained, is a tourist extension that can be received whether you are married or not.

You are correct that both a 30-day and 60-day extension should be possible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davef2912 said:

Did you exit Thailand after the 12 month extension? 

As @steve187 mentioned you cannot obtain a 30 day extension to non O.

The 30 day extension is available to folk entering visa exempt or tourist visa.

However you can obtain 60 days "to visit wife" 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you exit Thailand after the 12 month extension? 

As @steve187 mentioned you cannot obtain a 30 day extension to non O.

The 30 day extension is available to folk entering visa exempt or tourist visa.

However you can obtain 60 days "to visit wife" 

As I'm understanding the OP's position, he originally had a Non Imm O ME visa that allowed him to stay for 15 months.
He attempted to then apply for a 60-day extension to visit Thai spouse, but didn't have proof of marriage documents.
An agent told him 60 day extensions were only possible during Covid, which is totally incorrect.

The OP has now done a border run and entered VE, giving him a 30-day stay.
@Davef2912 correct me if my interpretation of your situation is incorrect.

To confirm @BritTim correct information, you can apply for a further 30 day extension under clause 2.4 of Immigration Bureau order 327/2557 as you entered VE and therefore classed as a tourist, but can additionally apply for a further 60 day extension to visit a Thai spouse under clause 2.24 of the same order.
However, for the 60-day extension you must provide proof of being married to a Thai, and your wife must attend for that extension application.

I don't know how long you intend staying in Thailand, but if you can't meet the financial requirements to apply for a 1-year extension of stay based on Thai spouse, perhaps you should consider a further Non Imm O ME visa.
You can stay for almost 17 months on this visa type with only 3 border runs and 3 x 60 day extensions.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/16/2023 at 11:19 AM, Liquorice said:

3 x 60 day extensions.

Is that right? I understood that with a non O multiple entry visa one can only get one 60 day extension on the end of one of the 90 day entries, not at the end of each 90 day period in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Is that right? I understood that with a non O multiple entry visa one can only get one 60 day extension on the end of one of the 90 day entries, not at the end of each 90 day period in Thailand.

You are allowed a 60-day extension for each entry. What you cannot do is qualify for a 60-day extension by leaving and returning using a re-entry permit from a one-year extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Each new 90 day entry from a Non Imm O ME can be extended for a further 60 days to visit a Thai spouse.

• Thanks 1