Shocking Discovery: Kindergarten Boy's Barbaric Murder Shocks Chiang Mai Community

webfact

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa5KwFFZ1HOx6nv2ETy4TA1JNZqmU652sXiBhHmqvKH9bhisGDv4G.jpg

A grim revelation has surfaced in the heart-wrenching case of a 5-year-old boy's slaying in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Unsettling particulars have emerged about the brutal incident involving the young victim, as security footage captures the enigmatic individual, recognized by the family, abducting the boy from his school premises before guiding him to his tragic destiny, reported Thai Rath.

The perpetrator, a 29-year-old named Jai Kongkam, reportedly nursed a deep-seated animosity stemming from an earlier romantic entanglement between his family and the victim's. This grievance allegedly fueled his vengeful actions against the innocent child.

On the 16th of August, 66, the lifeless body of the boy was discovered concealed amidst dense vegetation, adjacent to a waterway in Hang Dong district, Chiang Mai.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04ajW77fWeM7EuL6K6WbrkA5iyMI6Wfm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Swift police action resulted in the apprehension of Jai Kongkam, who allegedly confessed to the ghastly crime, citing his pent-up rage and bitterness. The assailant is said to have ruthlessly battered the child and subsequently drowned him in a nearby stream, camouflaging the remains with discarded apparel and footwear.

Authorities managed to piece together the appalling incident through a fusion of surveillance footage and methodical inquiry. It was disclosed that the perpetrator, familiar with the victim's family, had transported the child from his urban school to a secluded location, where the heinous act transpired.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04ajW77fWeM7EuL6K6SzLcFBk1bYCFIP.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The motive behind the crime hinged on a strained romantic liaison involving the victim's mother and sister. The suspect, well-acquainted with the remote vicinity due to years of employment, adroitly executed the shocking deed, evading any suspicions from the community.

Top Picture: Thai Rath

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 19

Man kidnaps and murders 5 year old boy in Chiang Mai
by Petch Petpailin

image.jpeg
Photo via Facebook/ เชียงใหม่นิวส์ Chiang Mai News ข่าวเชียงใหม่

Police arrested a man who kidnapped a five year old boy from a school in the northern province of Chiang Mai and murdered him. The claimed motive behind the murder was revenge after a romantic relationship ended.

A 30 year old man filed a complaint at Meuang Chiang Mai Police Station on Tuesday after his five year old son went missing from Siping Mueang School. He asked for access to the school’s security camera, which revealed an unidentified man picking up his son at 3.30pm that day.

Officers further reviewed CCTV cameras along a road nearby the school until they were able to identify the suspect as 29 year old Jai Kongkham, who is a Shan national living in Thailand. The suspect was seen riding a black-red Honda Click motorcycle with the abducted boy, heading towards the Hang Dong district.

The officer then discovered the lifeless body of the boy floating in a pond near a village in the Hang Dong district. He still wore his student uniform and had a neck wound, suggesting he had been strangled.

Following intense efforts by the police, Jai Kongkham was eventually apprehended and brought in for questioning. Jai informed that he picked the boy up from school and took him to an isolated area in the Hang Don district. On the spot, he beat the boy on the back of his neck until he lost consciousness and discarded the body into the pond.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/man-kidnaps-and-murders-5-year-old-boy-in-chiang-mai

-- Thaiger 2023-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm wondering how it is possible that a 5 year old can be taken from school by an unauthorised person.

Slack security by the school, maybe. Good work by the police (a phrase not often heard).

This pos deserves a beating before he is executed. A case like this makes me happy that Thailand has ended it's moratorium on capital punishment. 

And how did you know that he wasnt authorized to pick up the boy?

• Confused 1

As I have read above, "discipline" is lacking in Thai social circles (and just about everywhere else in sociality). This type of heinous crime should not be taken out on innocent children. I hope he fully pays for his premeditated actions. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm wondering how it is possible that a 5 year old can be taken from school by an unauthorised person.

Slack security by the school, maybe. Good work by the police (a phrase not often heard).

This pos deserves a beating before he is executed. A case like this makes me happy that Thailand has ended it's moratorium on capital punishment. 

I read the story yesterday and it was so sad. Poor innocent boy, poor family. No punishment will ever make up for this.

About your fair question, the local news report that the cuplrit used to be in friendly terms with the boy's family (until the turning down of his courtship) and he used to pick up the boy from school until the break-up with the family. So at the school the teachers were familiar with him picking up the boy, unfortunately.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The assailant is said to have ruthlessly battered the child and subsequently drowned him in a nearby stream, camouflaging the remains with discarded apparel and footwear.

Back room, injection.

No need to let this one keep breathing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sig said:

I'd be interested where you read that. It didn't say that in the original article that I read on the Thai Rath website.
It mentioned that the case started by the father reporting his son was taken. It mentioned that the father was a 32 year old ชาวไทใหญ่ (Tai Yai person).
Then later when mention of the perp came up, it referred to him as a หนุ่มชาวไทใหญ่ (young Tai Yai person).
Nowhere did I read anything about him being from Myanmar and living in Thailand. Yes, Shan is equivalent to Tai Yai, with Tai Yai being the more commonly used term in Thailand, but it doesn't mean he isn't a Thai national at all. Of course, the Thai media mentions his ethnicity because of their infamous prejudice against ethnic minorities, so they'd love you to think he's from Myanmar, but it sure doesn't sound like it in the way the article is written.
Perhaps you don't know, not sure.... but Tai Yai is not a nationality. It is an ethnic group, a quite large one - in the millions, spread across several countries, primarily Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, and China. And they've been living in what is now northen Thailand since long before borders were ever made after Thailand annexed the the Kingdom of Lanna. Arguments could be made that they are just as much, if not more, natives of Chiangmai as Thai people. And this guy most likely is a Thai national/citizen. Being how Thai media loves to deflect attention about anything bad to anywhere else but Thailand, I'm sure they would have specified he was from Myanmar if they knew he was.

It says it in the second article above: "... identify the suspect as 29 year old Jai Kongkham, who is a Shan national living in Thailand."

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Death by a thousand cuts is the right punishment...

• Like 1