Lampang woman wins 100,000 baht lottery, credits six-year faith in revered Kai Kaew

webfact

image.jpeg

A woman from Lampang, northern Thailand, elatedly claimed 100,000 baht in lottery winnings. According to sources, she attributed her luck to blessings from Kru Kai Kaew, an admired spiritual teacher, at Thep Prathan Phorn’s place of worship. The woman disclosed her six-year faith in Kai Kaew before the lottery result announcement.

It is reported that the lucky woman won the fifth prize lottery – five tickets, each worth 20,000 baht (US$562), summing up to a total prize fund of 100,000 baht (US$2,812).

Kru Kai Kaew, considered a sacred person, is housed at Thep Prathan Phorn’s place of worship on Thakraw Noi Road, Sop Tui subdistrict, Mueang Lampang district. The place is known for housing revered individuals and sacred objects, over ten in total. These include revered monks like Luang Por Kasem Kemago, Por Poo Payanak, Pra Pikanesuan, Phraya See Hoo Ha Ta, Phya Khrut, Phra Raahoo, Maha Thep Trimumurti, Thao Wessuwon, Pu Ruesee, and Kru Kai Kaew, reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of KhaoSod.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/lampang-woman-wins-100000-baht-lottery-credits-six-year-faith-in-revered-kai-kaew

-- Thaiger 2023-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, retarius said:

$3000 odd dollars over six years? Not exactly life changing is it? How much did she spend on tickets that didn't win? Lotteries are form people who don't understand maths.

I don't know what you mean now I have enough for a deposit for my million baht truck

5 hours ago, retarius said:

$3000 odd dollars over six years? Not exactly life changing is it? How much did she spend on tickets that didn't win? Lotteries are form people who don't understand maths.

Like many Thais, ask them how much money they made in the day... 

Sister in law says 3,000 baht, she said, I had a good day.

Asked about her out-lay she said 2,500 baht on supplies.

I asked about her other expenditures like gas, fuel for the bike, rent fee for the days location ice, and her helpers wages etc etc..

So a good day seems to be a loss of sorts... hate to see her on a bad day.