3BB PPPOE not working with UDM SE

iUnstable0

Sorry if im posting under the wrong topic, im new here

my UDM SE just arrived and I tried setting it up but PPPoE is not working

My 3BB provided router is under bridge mode and DHCP is enabled. The router IP is set to 10.0.0.1 but whenever i connect my macbook to it using ethernet cable it wont work i had to manually set DHCP under system settings.

pretty sure username and password is correct, it worked on my ISP router (TR069 vlan is 2097) but when that router is under bridge mode with vlan 33 and my UDM SE vlan 33 mac clone it wont work.

im rlly frustrated and tired coz been trying to get it working for almost 3 hours now. I called 3BB and all they said was set vlan to 33 nothing else and hung up.

17 minutes ago, iUnstable0 said:

Sorry if im posting under the wrong topic, im new here

my UDM SE just arrived and I tried setting it up but PPPoE is not working

My 3BB provided router is under bridge mode and DHCP is enabled. The router IP is set to 10.0.0.1 but whenever i connect my macbook to it using ethernet cable it wont work i had to manually set DHCP under system settings.

pretty sure username and password is correct, it worked on my ISP router (TR069 vlan is 2097) but when that router is under bridge mode with vlan 33 and my UDM SE vlan 33 mac clone it wont work.

im rlly frustrated and tired coz been trying to get it working for almost 3 hours now. I called 3BB and all they said was set vlan to 33 nothing else and hung up.

Can you not ask them to come over and check ? In some areas they do so.

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Can you not ask them to come over and check ? In some areas they do so.

they said they don't provide support for products they do not sell and that the problem is on my side. They also suggested reading the product manual for PPPoE setup guide.

I just checked the logs and UDM says Timeout waiting for PADO packets and PPPoE discovery failed.

Edited by iUnstable0

You put the router into bridge mode, then you won't be able to communicate with the outside world, because your MacBook won't hold your PPoE credentials. This is normal.

Then you enter your credentials and VLAN in your unifi controller software that is built into a UDM.