Prosecutors seek 27 to 33 years in prison for Proud Boys guilty of seditious conspiracy

Social Media

On 8/18/2023 at 10:09 AM, Tug said:

Sounds about right to me perhaps a bit lite but it will do .be fun if they can serve their time with their master the New York trust fund baby draft dodging pow insulting baby man trump!

On 8/18/2023 at 1:47 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

27 to 33 years in the slammer is fair.

Seditious conspiracy is a serious crime.

They’ll be broken old men by time they see freedom again, if they make it that long.

Good enough.

I'm afraid that I disagree.

Not because I approve, in any way, with what they did. It was entirely, utterly, wrong, and (although a conservative on the British political spectrum) I think their brand of right wing neofascist politics, underpinned by anti semetism, racism and belief in white supremacy, entirely loathsome.

The courts were sending a very clear message, quite rightly in my opinion; but sentences in the 15 to 20 year range would have sufficed to send that message, and would have acted as a deterrent to anyone thinking of similar actions. 33 years is silly, as stupidly excessive as their own inflated opinions of what they could achieve, and will only lead to "martyrdom".

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm afraid that I disagree.

Not because I approve, in any way, with what they did. It was entirely, utterly, wrong, and (although a conservative on the British political spectrum) I think their brand of right wing neofascist politics, underpinned by anti semetism, racism and belief in white supremacy, entirely loathsome.

The courts were sending a very clear message, quite rightly in my opinion; but sentences in the 15 to 20 year range would have sufficed to send that message, and would have acted as a deterrent to anyone thinking of similar actions. 33 years is silly, as stupidly excessive as their own inflated opinions of what they could achieve, and will only lead to "martyrdom".

The courts have more information than we have I personally think what the DOj is asking is appropriate in many countries they would have been executed for their (silly) actions in leading an attempt to KILL our democracy