Alibaba has become almost useless

DaiHard

Yes, you are correct Alibaba own outright Lazada and has just pumped an extra 30 billion into the company. They are basically winding down AliExpress in Thailand. has not been required. Lazada will be the B2C platform and Alibaba are B2B platform. Their only competition is Shopee, and that's why they are offering free/reduced shipping as in line with Amazon, that should give you an idea of what Amazon is playing, but, will struggle hard to gain a big foothold in Thailand. They could never be able to offer same day, next day delivery all over Thailand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muzzique said:

Aliexpress is good for things that the shops do not stock but the prices are high now but shipping faster. The problem is sizes and returns. You cannot guarantee sizes fit as they vary too much between manufacturer's and as to returns, well I have never been able to action 1 even when a size L was sent instead of an S.. So it is very much roulette when you buy something.

Why would any half-sensible person buy clothes unseen and untried-on?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not only useless but full of chinese cheats who charge prices similar to those in the west.

Not to mention the cheap quality and risks of using the item (short circuits in their electric crap, toxic materials or dyes etc).

Of course I also have stuff ordered from them, but the quality has dropped drastically and prices to high, not worth.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Isn't LAZADA now owned by Alibaba?  I think purchased about 4 years ago.

Yes it is all the same. They also let Chinese sell to all SE asian countries while we can only sell in our own country, or need to have an actual bank account / address etc etc in the other countries to be able and do it.

Funnily enough, I've been finding Lazada to be increasingly hopeless in what they have available, and what they do have seem mainly to come from overseas anyway.  When the same item is available locally on Lazada and overseas from AliExpress, then the Lazada price is always significantly higher (sometimes crazily higher) so unless I need it urgently, I get it from AliExpress.

In recent weeks I've bought a particular laptop motherboard, a particular laptop battery, a powered usb hub, and a special kind of 'health watch' - none of which were available at all on Lazada, locally or 'overseas'. Delivery on AliExpress can take weeks but there's often no choice. So the answer is no, I don't find (yet) that AliExpress has become useless. 

Edited by Mr Derek

Just use Lazada or Shopee

They are likely to be owned by Chinese

And many of the shops selling there are in Mainland China

You will pay a little more, but get usually, prompt delivery

Watchout for the odd scam shop tho.

Edited by Brahmz
spelling

I can't even order from Aliexpress. It always says my account is having issues. I can't send them a message or a chat without it burping up more issues.

Once I did ask about riding lawnmowers, and I got bombarded from sellers in India. For the same mower, I was quoted 19,000 thb and 65,000 thb, among others. I passed.

Lazada  or Shoppee. or local if at all possible.

20 hours ago, phetpeter said:

Yes, you are correct Alibaba own outright Lazada and has just pumped an extra 30 billion into the company. They are basically winding down AliExpress in Thailand. has not been required. Lazada will be the B2C platform and Alibaba are B2B platform. Their only competition is Shopee, and that's why they are offering free/reduced shipping as in line with Amazon, that should give you an idea of what Amazon is playing, but, will struggle hard to gain a big foothold in Thailand. They could never be able to offer same day, next day delivery all over Thailand.

I prefer Shopee a 100 times above the crappy Lazada.
Shopee offer the possibility to get your order at the nearest 7/11 at you own pace instead waiting 2 days at home for the delivery to show up.

23 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Yes it is all the same. They also let Chinese sell to all SE asian countries while we can only sell in our own country, or need to have an actual bank account / address etc etc in the other countries to be able and do it.

Thai sellers will not know what has hit them once they got more warehouses here and rail link is complete

Always check the sellers details, how long they have been in business, you can spot a drop shipper from this, or the pre order. these are not worth ordering from as they have no aftersales help, except for the platforms return policy. and always take COD even for items from China direct, so when it arrives check the package conditions, make the delivery person wait until you carefully open a crushed or battered item, Video or photograph from the truck, if damaged refuse delivery. Thankfully 99.5 per cent of delivered goods are good, personally If I have a choice never use J&T, service times, very bad still waiting for item after 5 days, This company is mainly used by Shopee, as they can then offer free delivery. Kerry are normally the ones without due care on packages, Flash are excellent on delivery times if, you need to send something quickly make sure the main shop has it by 4pm. and condition of packages is good and so is Lex TH. But their delivery updates are poor. Finally be very careful with the social media sellers, many of them are selling rejected or seconds, so if an items sparks your fancy, check out the same items from a platform, you will find the same possibly cheaper. 

Edited by phetpeter