New Passport | ED Visa

Hello ????

I have a ED visa - and I have travelled to my home country for a passport renewal (pages finished), I exited with a re entry permit valid until Oct 2023.

My old passport expires 2030 , but cannot be used for international travel - it is physically with me
I fly into DMK airport. 
What would the process be when I am flying back to Thailand 

Thanks ! Sorry if I missed a point 

Edited by changthenomad

Some essential annotations will be made in your new passport, and you will then receive an entry stamp in the new passport reflecting the end date specified on your re-entry permit.

If you have been out of Thailand for more than a few days, also expect to be interrogated as to how you can still be studying after failing to attend class for x weeks. Ideally, you have a letter from your university that explains that they knew in advance of your departure, and that it does not affect your qualification to continue with the course.

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Some essential annotations will be made in your new passport, and you will then receive an entry stamp in the new passport reflecting the end date specified on your re-entry permit.

If you have been out of Thailand for more than a few days, also expect to be interrogated as to how you can still be studying after failing to attend class for x weeks. Ideally, you have a letter from your university that explains that they knew in advance of your departure, and that it does not affect your qualification to continue with the course.

- I study at Thai Chamber of Commerce (not a language course, 3 year degree), and it was summer holidays , I have been out for 28 days , with round trip tickets 

Will there be any extra payment req?

1 minute ago, changthenomad said:

- I study at Thai Chamber of Commerce (not a language course, 3 year degree), and it was summer holidays , I have been out for 28 days , with round trip tickets 

Will there be any extra payment req?

No payment, and once you show you were out during the university summer break, there will be no issues.