Where is the rain!

arick

15 hours ago, arick said:

We haven't had rain for a month just a few drops do you believe it's going to rain this weekend Saturday and Sunday that's what the forecast on my app says but do you believe it or is it just going to sprinkle cuz the rivers are dry the grass is dry I can go out and burn grass it's so dry if you don't get rain we're going to be very screwed next year. 

I'm not sure where you are but here in Mahasarakham we haven't had much rain for a week or two but there's enough water in the rice fields. Could do with a little more to keep it topped up. 

On 8/19/2023 at 5:19 AM, arick said:

We haven't had rain for a month just a few drops do you believe it's going to rain this weekend Saturday and Sunday that's what the forecast on my app says but do you believe it or is it just going to sprinkle cuz the rivers are dry the grass is dry I can go out and burn grass it's so dry if you don't get rain we're going to be very screwed next year. 

It is difficult to answer your statement/question with a yes or no so I am going with a maybe simply because the future is not here yet but still in the future if it was here one could simply say yes/no because one would know the answer already but if you hold some of your dry grass in the air and let it go you could see where the wind is blowing from and no matter what we are all screwed already we just don't know it yet.

• Like 1

Samui.....Maybe had 5-6 days when it rained since January (short Thunder Storms), but not all day.

Some good storms though at the time!

The local reservoir went from nearly dry to about 2/3rds full now.

Luckily, we have a well under our place, but it hadn't been used for about 15 years for some reason....We moved in 13 years ago.

So, I got it checked out and re-commisioned and bought and fitted a Brand New pump.

So far....So Good! :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 2

I live near Mahasarakham and rainfall has been well below average (about 75% of average). September is normally the wettest month so maybe we can make it up. 

My ponds are at about 50%. Last year they were 75% at end August.

We are having a below normal wet season (last year was very wet) with the wife watering her durian trees from the well. Otherwise still enough rain to keep the grass alive.

Drove through Uttaradit last week and was depressing to see how dry it was, rice fields with absolutely no water.

• Thumbs Up 1

Try a Golden Shower ????

13 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

had over the top monsoon type rain here in the  Hua Hin area over the last two days

Yeah, but the only real rain we've had since rainy season started. Welcome, but we need more.

Most of the pineapple fields around me have been newly planted. Without more rain they will do nothing.

remember this story        

353854921_639972334852865_472261795020851453_n.jpg.2b3c1575074a6009f82bfb28ddcc8181.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, rickudon said:

Since middle of June plenty of rain in Udon Thani. Maybe slightly less than normal, but rare to get 3 days without rain. Our rice field is full and ponds close to full already.

You always get rain along the  order but it stop before Khon kaen