Time it takes to get triple re-entry at CW

Hi, 

I need a new triple re-entry permit stamped in my passport at CW Immigration. I will be short of time when in Bangkok so need to ask for advice on how long time they normally take nowadays.

1) I have a permanent residency but I assume that desk only moves old triple re-entry from old to new passport. I think I remember that's a different desk to get a new re-entry, correct?

2) I will get to CW Immigration at 10:30 Monday and must leave at lunch. I should be able to hand in passport but I will hardly have time to wait for it. 

3) Can I hand in passport on Monday and fetch it say Thursday? Or can they mail it to me? 

Best Regards
Michael

Edited by MikeyIdea
Made post clearer
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

I need a new triple re-entry permit stamped in my passport at CW Immigration.

Dont know what you mean by "triple reentry" 

I was under the impression that the reentry permit was single or multiple for permanent residents and also had an extra form..

Believe TM22? 

Here is a short thread and ubonjoe has posted link to ongoing thread.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1268686-permanent-resident-re-entry-permit-validity/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Dont know what you mean by "triple reentry" 

I was under the impression that the reentry permit was single or multiple for permanent residents and also had an extra form..

Believe TM22? 

Here is a short thread and ubonjoe has posted link to ongoing thread.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1268686-permanent-resident-re-entry-permit-validity/

My bad. Yes, multiple re entry

47 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

3) Can I hand in passport on Monday and fetch it say Thursday? Or can they mail it to me? 

This question is important, someone please

Best Regards
Michael

@MikeyIdeaIf you go to CW on any given day for any service  without an appointment the only guarantee u get is that if u have a queue number, they will service u same day. 

Alternatively u can make an appointment, re-entry is advertised as 40 minutes.

My experience for re-entry permits is usually about an hour (without appointment), but that's no guarantee.  Except for bad luck, I would expect arriving at 10.30, getting in the queue, that I would be done before noon.

Far as I know Immigration is not in the business of retaining passports for any reason - you submit your passport and wait until it is returned to you.

If u want a Monday drop-off and to retrieve it some days later my best advice is use an agent.

Far as I know (don't have permanent residency myself) you can obtain a re-entry at the airport if none of the above options are satisfactory.

• Like 2

Just now, expat_4_life said:

Wouldn't have expected that, but live and learn - thanks for that tidbit.

Does my head in.

One would think it's the opposite.

Mugs like me on extensions need to obtain reentry permit at immigration and those that have PR have added perk of being able to obtain at airport.

BTW Airport good option for many..

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Does my head in.

One would think it's the opposite.

Mugs like me on extensions need to obtain reentry permit at immigration and those that have PR have added perk of being able to obtain at airport.

BTW Airport good option for many..

Kinda does my head in too, one cud even argue that a permanent resident shud not require a re-entry at all - but the rules are what they are, cuz the bureaucrats the world over make the rules, we mugs are just here to follow them.

And yeah, airport is a good option - one I've never availed myself of simply because I've always had time to get a re-entry beforehand and that gives me the comfort of no glitch at the airport.

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

Far as I know (don't have permanent residency myself) you can obtain a re-entry at the airport if none of the above options are satisfactory.

No.

Thai PR holders have to obtain re entry permit + an endorsement in their alien book.

This can be accomplished only at an Immigration Office before departing, not at airports or land borders.

• Like 1

The appointment page for CW lists "40 minutes" as the processing time for the Re-entry permit (REEP).

They have 22 slots per day.

Appointments are available in 15 minute intervals.

These slots get taken up quickly.

The issue with the REEP is that they process step 1 (submittal, payment) quickly, but the "approval" process seems to take a longer amount of time as they are approved in batches.

My guess is that you cannot leave it one day then pick it up on a later day.

I'm not sure a third-party can apply for a REEP, say like a 90-day report. Maybe with a PoA?

On 8/19/2023 at 10:27 AM, expat_4_life said:

Kinda does my head in too, one cud even argue that a permanent resident shud not require a re-entry at all...

A permanent resident applies for a non-quota immigrant visa for a single entry or multiple entries. This does not apply to the OP, MikeIdea, who is not a permanent resident.