'Silva' grads in Chiang Mai?

FolkGuitar

10 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I don't know but his program seems to be alive and well at Mind Valley .Org... they advertise like crazy on YouTube and claim to have a large following all over the world. 

When I was directly involved (I was a lecturer in the 70's.) the program was well established in almost every first-world country, often several lecturers in each country. In the US alone there were several lecturers in every state. In those days, we'd see 50-200 people taking the basic lecture series every month in tiny, little Vermont!

After Jose Silva passed away, his daughter, Laura, took over the company.  She re-packaged the program into sounding more like Snake Oil, and it lost many of its followers (me included.) At the same time, the 'fad' of introspection and self-improvement that had been so strong for the previous 10 years began to fade. That's about when Mind Valley bought the rights to the Silva system, removed the Snake-oil marketing, and returned the program to its original feeling. They are still selling the Basic Lecture Series, but have renamed it. 

Over all, the 'tools' taught in the Basic Lecture Series have been the SINGLE MOST-VALUABLE LESSONS I've learned in my entire academic life, and I still use these 'tools' EVERY day for important as well as mundane, routine tasks.

Simple as this; before I took the Basic Lecture Series I was broke biker trash, with a high school education, doing seasonal work as a ski lift operator, mountain guide, taxi driver, etc.. After using the tools I learned I found myself with four college degrees and a career as a university professor. Still broke, but my grammar is better.  ????

I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone who wishes to improve the quality of life.

• Thumbs Up 1