Buying extra Baggage with Thaismile From the UK

malct

Hi All

My wife has just found out that its going to cost her 3000 Baht for a extra 15 KG at Thaismile Check in unless we purchase 24 hours before flying. 

Its not possible to buy Via the Website and only Via phone call , Is it possible to buy the Extra 15 KG Via Thai air office in London? or do you need to call and if so, Whats the best way to call thailand now from the UK, Last time we called Thailand Via Landline was over 10 years ago 

Thank you for any replies 

3 hours ago, malct said:

Hi All

My wife has just found out that its going to cost her 3000 Baht for a extra 15 KG at Thaismile Check in unless we purchase 24 hours before flying. 

Its not possible to buy Via the Website and only Via phone call , Is it possible to buy the Extra 15 KG Via Thai air office in London? or do you need to call and if so, Whats the best way to call thailand now from the UK, Last time we called Thailand Via Landline was over 10 years ago 

Thank you for any replies 

Just checked their website. They have a Thailand customer service number and an email address; 
02-118-8888 or [email protected] . If you're sure they can't/won't allow you to buy extra luggage weight via email then you should sign up for a free trial with Skype; 200 minutes of free calls to both mobiles and landlines in Thailand; https://www.skype.com/en/international-calls/Thailand

• Like 1

11 hours ago, malct said:

Its one of those things thats connected to a phone line and you pay to use 

No, it is the physical copper connection between a phone and the telephone exchange.

You only pay to use it if you need to, or your battery is dead, or you are out of range of a tower. 555

• Confused 1

Drove past Thai Airways old office in Albemarle Steet, London a few weeks ago. Still got the same colours on the shopfront but all branding, names and numbers removed. Their website says "all agents working from home". I've been using the Thai Bangkok call centre numbers since early 2020 (open 24/7). Skype is the way to go and the Thai Airways number is +6623561111

• Like 1

Just phoned Thai airways london, Due to Covid we are working from home and its email service only, So likely no one is employed in the UK and the emails will be going to Thailand... On top of that , The answer phone during out of hours state that you can call between 9am and 5pm...  Regards emailing them , I have done that and buying extra baggage is only possible Via Thaismile Bangkok.

Anyways , We have come up with a solution that saves us money, I am going to send the extra baggage up from Pattaya up north via Bus and its only 200 Baht 

• Thanks 2