Large hole in middle of moat road blocking traffic…is it fixed do you know..?

mikey88

sad to report i bike the old city daily and my tires are taking a beating as it seems the whole city is torn up by these guy as i encounter them at night as i try to get past the blockades...

then they throw the metal sheet on top and thats that.....the whole city it a hot mess from this..

need an off road bike these days just to get some exercise around the old city now....blah

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 4:03 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

sad to report i bike the old city daily and my tires are taking a beating as it seems the whole city is torn up by these guy as i encounter them at night as i try to get past the blockades...

then they throw the metal sheet on top and thats that.....the whole city it a hot mess from this..

need an off road bike these days just to get some exercise around the old city now....blah

The whole city, really? At night? Anyway, how many km do you bike? If you do it for exercise and bike a lot, you could try Canal road there is a wonderful 6km stretch of 2-lanes bycicle path that goes from Convention Center to the turn for Mae Rim intersection, you can do back and forth to your legs' content. They are now expanding it southwards. There is also a 2km loop around the 700y stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

The whole city, really? At night? Anyway, how many km do you bike? If you do it for exercise and bike a lot, you could try Canal road there is a wonderful 6km stretch of 2-lanes bycicle path that goes from Convention Center to the turn for Mae Rim intersection, you can do back and forth to your legs' content. They are now expanding it southwards. There is also a 2km loop around the 700y stadium.

i actually live on canal rd.....but ride motorbike to city where my bike it and putter around...

i seems to me they may be putting in a drainage system but either way its a hot mess all over the city as these dudes--burmese? set up at night and then throw a steel plate over it when done and its all over old city as it bike the same route.....waiting for my rim to get jacked up

go take a ride around old city at night and see the hot mess..massive trucks-blockades pipes all scattered on the sidewalks forcing ppl onto the street..blaring lights to blind the drivers...blah

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 11:40 AM, novacova said:

Still two, one on both ends of sipoom…

IMG_9735.jpeg

IMG_9734.jpeg

On 8/21/2023 at 4:05 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

is all over old city  outer loop--inside--back streets....aka a hot mess.....is even worse at night

Thanks for this….appreciate it..

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, lordblackader said:

The digging around the moat is part of a program to put all the power and communications lines underground. It started a few months ago. 

im in city biking daily at night..then why are they putting giant water tanks underground?  looks more like a drainage project but could be wrong..