DLT nets 7 billion baht in vehicle tax due to convenient online payments

snoop1130

bangkok-ring-road-canva.jpg

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) collected over 7 billion baht in vehicle tax in the first 10 months of the current fiscal year, thanks to the ease of its “from anywhere” payment system. This figure represents the taxes received from the owners of 5.5 million vehicles between October of the previous year and July of the current year.

The annual vehicle tax is a payment made for the renewal of car registrations as well as for the registration of new vehicles. The popularity of online channels for payment is on the rise, as explained by DLT spokesperson Seksom Akkrapan. The DLT also became responsible for collecting outstanding traffic fines earlier this year.

The DLT makes it easy to pay your vehicle tax bill with a diverse range of options available for payment. Fees can be submitted online through the DLT’s webpage, or there is a standalone DLT Vehicle Tax application as well. Other digital payment options include the mPay application and the TrueMoney wallet system.

In-person, drivers need not go to the department themselves – bills can be paid through counter services at major convenience stores.

By Neill Fronde

Caption: The Department of Land Transport has many easy ways to pay, helping them collect 7 billion baht in vehicle tax. (via Egis)

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/dlt-collects-over-230m-in-vehicle-tax-thanks-to-online-payment-convenience

-- Thaiger 2023-08-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

So you must go to get your vehicle tested (well have the wheels kicked and check the VIN number) after you have got your Por Ra Bor. Then what? Email copies of the results to on-line DLT and pay by Card or Bank. 

Why not pay at the testing station there & then and off you go, as I did.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can probably use your covid 19 registration number (13 digits).

Anybody bought tax and insurance online?

I've done the tax online for the last couple of years. Registration worked using my tax ID  (correction) Social Insurance number.  If you have more than one vehicle you can add them all under your online account. All done in a couple of minutes and the tax disc is sent out to you by registered mail and you get the tracking number. My insurance is due a couple of months earlier so I already have that when I pay the tax.

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So you must go to get your vehicle tested (well have the wheels kicked and check the VIN number) after you have got your Por Ra Bor. Then what? Email copies of the results to on-line DLT and pay by Card or Bank. 

Why not pay at the testing station there & then and off you go, as I did.

Some people might prefer letting the testing station do the tax as well if it's convenient but I'd rather not go back there again to pick up the disc. The testing stations are all connected to the online system so I get home and the information is already entered. Nothing to upload or email. If you haven't got the compulsory insurance, you also get the option to pay that first to allow you to pay the tax.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
correction
  • Like 1