NT Thunder sim

norbra

Just a heads up.

Bought a cheap sim for testing and found this sim is not compatible with my current model Vivo phone.

APN menu is greyed out,on removing the sim APN became active. So tried sim in older 4g Huawei and it was OK but not reliable from my location,

Download at peak times 2mbps off peak 10mbps.

So I won't be investing in a 12 month sim,will try a short term DTAC to see if they have improved since 2022.

• 1 month later...

I have been using a 1 year unlimited data sim for 3 years now in my LTE router at home.

As the cost of fiber is 4,000 baht / year more expensive than 4G internet.

I am using the internet for content streaming with/without VPN to Europe. In general 4-6 mbps is sufficient.

Sofar satisfied with DTAC 15 mbps until they limited the speed from 15 mbps to 3 mbps.

Found NT mobile Thunder Net Unlimited  for 999B per year. NT is a merger of TOT with CAT.

Compare this to DTAC which increased their price from 1,300 to 1,900B for 15 mbps, since they were taken over by True.

TOT does not have a good name, so I bought a one month sim to check if it's worth it.

Sofar so good. My router supports band 40.

TOT even broadcasts band 40 in aggregation mode [2-3 band 40 channels together], so I can get 60 mbps during the day.

I suspect TOT is leasing the network from True and DTAC.

What are the cons? Have not discovered yet.

The speed is not consistently high though.

In the evenings I get around 12-15 mbps, and ping time can increase to 1s, but thats OK for me.