Savannakhet non o requirement

On 9/1/2023 at 7:46 AM, bamboozled said:

Congrats, Lolothai. Did you show a KR2? I've never shown one but it's talked about a lot on here.

Thanks, I can't remember if they took it, I gave a bit more than required (KR2 included), not a good move apparently as it can raise questions in some instance. I even gave a letter from the owner to certify that I was renting his house, they didn't take this but they keep the letter from my wife explaining that I'm the one taking care of the family. Still it went smoothly.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, khunjake said:

Do the eVisa. It will save you hassles when your arrive especially if there’s a queue. Dont forget 100 baht cash for each person entering (inc. thai) that goes to the admitting IO at Laos checkpoint. Its not marked anywhere so be aware they will expect ie demand a “tip”. Both ways they want it. Scum…

On 9/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, transam said:

When I used an E-Visa they stood to attention, dealt with me straight away and stamped me out, I walked past the queue to the passport checkout desk outside, was not charged any T-money, in fact I wasn't charged any on my return exit.

You also do not get a full page visa thingy, just a small e-visa logo the size of a stamp............. Highly recommended..????

I went on Monday afternoon, I was the only one needed a visa for Laos. I got charged 60 bahts per person to exit, my wife and me but not our 2 kids, I had to withdraw kips just for this, I was aware of it as some mentioned it on this forum.

Indeed if I have to go on a Monday and there is a queue it worth the extra 500 bahts to use E-Visa, also to don't lose a full precious passport page. Next I will prepare dollars and keep some kips for the T money.

• Like 1

My non o from Savannaket expires in November but I will be in the area in October. Does anybody know if I can go earlier than the date and if I do whether my visa will be from day of application or day of expiry of the old one. I do know I can do a border run and get another 90 days but am thinking about not using that option. 

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

My non o from Savannaket expires in November but I will be in the area in October. Does anybody know if I can go earlier than the date and if I do whether my visa will be from day of application or day of expiry of the old one. I do know I can do a border run and get another 90 days but am thinking about not using that option. 

Why...?  ????

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, transam said:

Why...?  ????

Is the reason really relevant? If you bothered reading I said i would be in the area in  October. Maybe it is inconvenient for me to go in February. Naturally I have a valid reason or I would not ask. I was hoping some nice person would answer.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

40 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Is the reason really relevant? If you bothered reading I said i would be in the area in  October. Maybe it is inconvenient for me to go in February. Naturally I have a valid reason or I would not ask. I was hoping some nice person would answer.

I am a nice person, I just thought you are giving away 3 months of a visa.

But I am sorry if I upset you..........????

Just now, transam said:

I am a nice person, I just thought you are giving away 3 months of a visa.

But I am sorry if I upset you..........????

I must have worded it wrong. I did not mean you were not a nice person. I just  meant the person who gave me the answer would be nice.????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2023 at 9:55 AM, Wongkitlo said:

It typically depends on exactly how much time is remaining on the old visa. If it is only a few days, the consulate will usually agree to cancel the old visa, and give you a new one. If a new visa, replacing the old one, is issued, the old visa is ignored, and the the date of issue and duration normal.

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

It typically depends on exactly how much time is remaining on the old visa. If it is only a few days, the consulate will usually agree to cancel the old visa, and give you a new one. If a new visa, replacing the old one, is issued, the old visa is ignored, and the the date of issue and duration normal.

Thank you Tim????