Check your Bill

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I would have notice an accidental markup of Bt.3948.00 when it is scanned..

As said we bought some expensive items, for example I have noticed afterwards that the batteries alone are 2k THB (each). And bill in total was over 25K, so without the faulty scan it would be 21k+-.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Countryman said:

Thats a given , always check your bills , hardware ,Makro,Big C , everywhere ,

Normally I don't like those bill checkers, but now we will be more appreciative of them :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I must admit I've often wondered just what they are looking for, but definite respect for at least one now ???? 

There is 1 hardware store where they have the Security Guard checking the bill when you walk out, he just stamps the bill ????

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

I watch the till as each item is scanned.

Good for you. But I think our bill was approx 1 meter long, lots of individual solar connectors and they scan them 1 by 1 by 1 by 1 etc etc etc. But you have a point, but again GOOD that you have those bill checkers (if they do their job correctly (as this one did).

But afterwards we went to a grocery store and I had the wife check every item on the bill before we went out of the door (and the Bill was a lot longer then the bill from the hardware store)

• Haha 1

I very rarely check the bill unless it is something that really sticks out.

My local shop under charged me B100 the other day.

Told wifey the next day who paid the money.

I had no idea, but they said sorry the next time I saw them.

• Haha 1

I watch as each item is scanned and my brain is like a computer. I know, most times, what the total bill should roughly be. I do know exactly what change (if any) I should get back and verify it, always!

I have corrected cashiers numerous times. Both for my benefit and theirs.

Just last week I corrected a cashier as she scanned one item and then hit the x4 key on the register thinking I bought 4 when in reality I bought 2 of 2 different items. Yes, they looked identical but one was actually a little bigger than the other so different pricing.

<quote of removed post deleted>

Reading through the posts tells me that the majority of folks don't need to be vwarned as they have been astute for years to check their receipts and keep a keen eye during checkout at any Thai establishments.

I am happy that you didn't lose any money....and hopefully you now have learned from your MISTAKE.....  Cheers!